Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Secret Garden...for real!


I have heard about this secret garden , but I never visited it until last week when my granddaughter was here. It was a perfect time for us to check it out and am I ever glad that we did! It is located inside a coffee shop and you would never know it was there if someone did not tell you {or if you read about it in the paper a few years ago like I did. lol.}

We walked inside the shop and asked to see the secret garden. The lady opened a door and led me down a long cement hallway and opened another door into this glorious beauty!! My mouth just dropped open!! It is just like stepping into another land!! From a stark cement hallway to this!! SO GORGEOUS!! I always heard you could see the huge wisteria roots in here that grow outside on the building, but I didn't realize that they had really made it into a beautiful garden.



Look at the size of this Wisteria trunk and branches. AMAZING! 


I truly was in awe and took several pictures, but there was so much light coming in that they aren't the greatest. I still wanted to share them with you anyway though. 


Love this piece that hangs on the brick wall. 


This is my granddaughter. I wanted you to see her in the picture for scale. This gal is around 5 foot 8 inches tall so you get the idea just how high the walls of this garden are. 


Okay, do you remember my Wisteria posts a few years back that showed the outside of these windows with the Wisteria hanging down? If you didn't see them you can click here , here or even here to see the actual Wisteria when it is in bloom on the outside of the building.


I would still be sitting here in this garden if I actually could get away with it. To have a place like this to get away from the world and all it's noise would be so wonderful, wouldn't it? I think so! 


A pretty little water feature makes a perfect addition to the beautiful garden.


Look at these Wisteria roots?? Wowza! Those are some BIG roots. 



Tons of light shines in from above and I am certainly not a professional photographer, but you get the idea. 




Now seriously, looking at the front of this coffee house would you have ever dreamed that there was a secret garden inside??  I wouldn't have!!  Even looking at the side of the building where the Wisteria grows, I would have never dreamed of a secret space for a perfect retreat. However, now I will think of it every time I pass by this place and truthfully will probably stop more often and have a latte...just to visit the secret garden.

 Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. WOW, what a beautiful place to visit. I would love to go there. I Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful Sandi!... it really is enchanting... wish you could have had your coffee or tea out there... so peaceful and serene looking... I am certain there are flower~fairies who dwell there... thanks so much for sharing!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could live there! That is truly amazing to see and thank you for sharing these lovely photos. A Secret Garden! WOW!!! Ethereal Peace and Blessings on this space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is like in a Fairy Tale. I loved the water feature and the electric light bulb string.
    You will definitely have to go there again. We haven't heard about the food yet! lol
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I do LOVE your visits! I try to respond to each one, but sometimes that is not always possible.
If you leave me a comment I can reply back to you so much easier if your email is linked to your blog so please consider doing this.
Blessings~