Thursday, September 4, 2014

Creating Pumpkins!



I wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. I have been making pumpkins lately and having so much
fun doing it. I have intended to make these for years, but kept putting it off. Well, I had enough of
that! ha! My dining room overfloweth with cute fabric pumpkins of all sizes with REAL dried
pumpkin stems. Some of these will head off to a friends booth and a few will be listed online.
{If you happen to see any that you just can't live without give me a hollar}

{I do have one set listed in my Etsy store, but that is as far as I have gotten. Click here
for the pumpkins or here for my whole shop}


I made a few out of old soft, natural batting and love them!




Love this fabric also. It just says FALL to me.


I saved up a bunch of pumpkin stems from last year and WHO KNEW they are so expensive to buy?
I saw them going for $1.00 each on ebay. One auction of 30 went for $36! Wowza! I think I need to
go into the pumpkin business! 



My dining room hutch...don't look at all the other stuff...just a quick shot.

I hope everyone is doing well. It was a whirlwind of a Labor Day weekend for us as we spent most
of it at our daughters home with her family. We arrived Friday afternoon and came back home on
Monday.  The whole weekend was busy, busy , busy , but it was a fun busy.  I was so exhausted
when I got home. lol. We have to grab and hold onto these moments whenever we can and cherish
 them!  Life is way too short at the longest.  The older I get , I am realizing that more and more.

Are you ready for fall? Making pumpkins?? I am SO READY for it, but not the winter that follows.

Blessings~

13 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Those are soooo beautiful Sandi!... could I order a small white one please... and can you possibly put a little shabby tag on it that says Harvest?... yes, I AM ready for Fall... but like you, NOT winter!... let's not even think about that today!... xoxoxo Me

Julie Marie said...

PS LOVE your Autumn header!!!!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, you got a whole patch of pumpkins growing at your house, Sandi! : ) I also love your blog banner for fall.

Createology said...

Lovely sweet fabric pumpkins. I agree the real stems give them the very best character. Creative Pumpkin Bliss...

Kathy said...

Love your pumpkins! My mom used to make them but she made fabric stems. I've never seen them with real pumpkin stems. So unique!

I'm with you. I love fall, but after last winter the cold can just skip us this year.

Donna said...

They are all so precious! Great job!

Dorthe said...

Sandi, I am totally in love with your wonderful pumpkins , and so fantastic collection of them.
How fun that the stems are now sold on e-bay..luckily I have saved some from last year, like you did, but have not had time enough to sew these last summermonths.
Sending Hugs.

Sue Kosec said...

Oh, Sandi ... your pumpkins are absolutely the sweetest ones I've seen. Soft and feminine and beautiful.
SuZeQ

BECKY said...

What a bunch of cuties!! They are so much fun to make! The most fun I have is the creative aspect of coming up with different designs. I'll be working on a couple tomorrow, and then back to filling orders!!

Have a lovely Sunday, sweetie!
Oh and I spy a familiar tag! Looks great there, too!
Hugs,
Becky

Lady Pamela said...

Hi Sandi,
Your pumpkins are adorable and so is your new blog header. Fall is coming rather quickly here as well. I am going to buy a truckload of baby boo pumpkins today to kick off my harvest decorating. My DH put up my chandelier in the dining room after I took it apart and painted it white. Looks very sparkly in there.
*Hugs*

Elyse said...

hi sandi!

your pumpkins are so lovely!

see you on FB!

xo
elyse

arlete said...

Olá!!1Amei seu blog.Tudo aqui é muito encantador.Abraço

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

LOVE the pumpkins! I try to get into the orange and vivid colors but my heart just prefers white :)