Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Tinkering


It has been a long time since I have been able to "tinker" {as Elyse calls it}

I like that word.

I had some extra time on my hands today so I hauled out my supplies and got started.
Easter is coming up pretty fast and I wanted to make some white crosses.

 I have always been enamored with pretty papers, and all the little tid bits that most people
just throw away. Not me.  I keep them ALL to make

something...anything.
...and once in awhile inspiration actually hits. ha!

{a little hoarding tendencies maybe? No, not me??}

This craft is so easy that even the kiddos can do it so get your little ones
at the table , gather up your supplies and let's begin!


I used some almost transparent white paper from my stash along with cheesecloth,
rubber stamps and flowers.

{I won these pretty flowers in a giveaway from Elyse several months ago}


I had several stamps to choose from and the one I chose says:

 "he has risen"


I started folding the paper at one end and folded it over several times.


Then I cut off the excess and glued it down.


I also tore off the ends instead of cutting them off to make it more rustic looking.


Next , pick your rubber stamp of choice and stamp it right onto the cross.


I adore cheesecloth and use it for so many things. I took a piece of it and wound it
around the cross. You can wind it any way you choose. No right or wrong ways here.


I glued the cheesecloth down in a few places and then added some flowers.

{Now that I look at the three I finished, I should have used assorted stamps, but oh well}


Wouldn't these be cute to lay on each plate for Easter dinner?


As I said...SIMPLE and EASY PEASY...anyone can make these.

I am almost embarrassed to even put the instructions on here.

You could even add some thin silver string at the top to hang them up if you so desired.

Do you think you will make some? Please let me know if you do!

Are you ready for Easter?? 

5 comments:

Susie said...

Sandi, How very sweet. I love all your stamps. This is something a young kid could do too. Wish my Emma was here, we would make some. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie
p.s. I still have the beautiful wing you gave , I will always treasure it. :)

NanaDiana said...

My gosh, Sandi- why would you ever be embarrassed to put the instructions on your blog for making those sweet, sweet crosses? They are just gorgeous and lots of people see something like that and have no idea where to start.

These would be gorgeous at each plate..and would make great place cards if you put their name on them with a ribbon somehow. Oh- I love them. xo Diana

ps. I like to "tinker", too.

Jeanie said...

Tinkering is a treat and you have been most productive at it!

Junkchiccottage said...

Sandi,
Your crosses are really sweet. I think they would be so great at the place settings for Easter. Very pretty.
Kris

Elyse said...

hi sandi!

what a lovely use for the little millinery forget-me-nots! happy you enjoyed some tinkering time and i know your guests will be so happy with their gifts!

happy spring wishes

xo
elyse