Friday, August 21, 2015

My Sister's Diagnosis


This is a photo I took of a butterfly bush in  my garden last week.

It is also the verse that I sent my sister Chris who lives in Pennsylvania.

She was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer on August 5.

{our wedding anniversary}

It was quite a shock to us and to her as it came on very fast.

No. Family. History.

This is different than your typical "find a lump" breast cancer.

Google it and you will find out more information than you ever want to know.

Chris is 15 months older than I am and I love her dearly.

She is also a pastor's wife.

Please , please bombard heaven on her behalf against this dreadful disease.

She starts chemo next week.

She has already been so strong through the diagnosis and I know she will
continue to be. She also can still say that

GOD IS GOOD.

He is her Savior,  her Redeemer and we are trusting in Him to
be her healer.

6 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Sandi so sorry about your sister and her cancer diagnosis. I am praying I believe in the power of prayer and have seen it work many times. Wishing for better days ahead for your sister and all of you.
Kris

julie - eab designs said...

I will be keeping your sister, and you, in my prayers! hugs

Irene said...

What sad news, all my thoughts and prayers with her and you.

Jeanie said...

Oh no, Sandi. I'm so very sorry. You can add my prayers and good thoughts to those of the others who are in her court and wishing for a full recovery. Be strong.

Jolene Kreiner said...

I am praying for you and your family. Sisters are such a blessing.

Jolene Kreiner said...

I am praying for your sister and your family. Sisters are a blessing.