Thursday, August 25, 2016

Cupcake Wars!


Hubby turned 60 years old on July 31 and our family was able to get together to celebrate

and have a fun time. We sure needed some joy in our lives because truthfully it just hasn't
been joyful since we lost precious baby Eden and believe me she was in our thoughts
the whole weekend long!
It was supposed to be a camping weekend in our yard, but the weather did not cooperate...
so we had some in the camper, some in the house and one family went to a motel!

**********************************************************

The kids have been talking about having
 CUPCAKE WARS 
for awhile and this was the perfect time.

Have you seen that show on TV? Ours was a tad different because there is no way
each family was making 1,000 cupcakes. ha!
Hubby and I were dubbed the judges! NOT fair! HA!
It was really okay and we had fun doing it.

We were blown away by our kids creativity!
I thought they would use sprinkles etc, but they took this contest very seriously.


Each contestant was judged on Presentation, Menu Design and Taste.


Thought for sure these would win just for presentation alone.

Can you believe it?

Campfire cupcakes 

They sure put a lot of thought and time in these.


Alas, they tied for 2nd place.
I think if they would have amped up that menu design they would
have given the winner a run for 1st place!

This is our daughter and her family.
Allysha, Daniel, Matt, Jon, Joshua and Amanda


Next , we had a S'mores theme complete with Minions!!

NEAT menu design!

To be fair, I really blew it because I didn't even realize there were Minions
roasting their marshmallows until the judging was all over!!

 I think I was too enthralled by everyone's creativity.
I just kept saying I could NOT believe it. Oops. Sorry guys!


Colette made the minions and they were amazing. I wish I had a shot of them from the front
because they looked exactly like them!

 Look at them roasting their marshmallows over the campfire.
TOO cute!!




Alas, they tied for 2nd place also.

Colette, Ainsley, Annika and  our son Nathan


Our oldest son and his family chose a golf theme.

What a creative menu!

 His wife came up with that and I thought she did great!


 The weather wasn't kind to the frosting on the cupcakes.

Hot and humid, but they preserved. 







The grand prize winners by three points!

Melissa, Korrah, our son Jason, Keira and Kanaan

We really had a great time and I think it should be an annual tradition.
I told them this was a "trial run" for the next one. lol.


The kids had a lot of play time together and
some of them also had fun with fake mustaches.









The

"icing on the cake"
for hubby and I was that on Sunday morning our whole family went to church with us.

That was definitely a RARE TREAT!
This pic would have been up farther, but I forgot. OOPS.

 Little sweetie Korrah was enthralled with my fountain and loved adding stones
 to it and playing in the water.

I have many more photos, but I already had to redo this whole thing once
pictures and all so I gave up. I am tired.

We are so very thankful for our family and we feel so very blessed.
It isn't about how much money is in your bank account
{God knows we would be in trouble there}
or how famous you are, but it is all about God and family.

WE ARE BLESSED...in spite of the pain of losing Eden...

and oh how we do miss her...terribly!!

Someday we will know why, but for now we must trust
in our Heavenly Father and His love for us!

Please continue to keep us all in your prayers.

Blessings~

3 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

OMGoodness ... what talent and creativity in your family. I wish I was there with all of you to celebrate the event. Happy (belated) birthday, Hillis.

xo
SuZeQ

Junkchiccottage said...

This is just too adorable Sandi. Your family needs to be in the cupcake business. Everyone is cuter than the next.
Happy Birthday to your sweet hubby. Have a great week end.
Kris

Sarita Boyette said...

What adorable cupcakes and what a fun time! I see some smiles on little faces that just brighten my heart. Thinking of all of you & remembering sweet Eden with love.