Monday, October 24, 2016

Chance of pace...Angel Baby Gowns


Ever since we lost our precious granddaughter


 Eden Rain

back in May to stillbirth I have wanted to do something to help others that also walk this 
heartbreaking road. I knew nothing would happen unless I made a move, so after a couple months ,
 I reached out to the organization called

Sufficient Grace 

that helped our family when we needed it most. They have volunteer sewers that sew angel
baby gowns from donated wedding dresses for precious babies that don't make it into this world.


The bible says,

"ASK and you shall receive"...
and it worked! lol

 I received my first wedding dress in the mail a few weeks ago and I have been sewing ever since.





{sorry these aren't the greatest pictures, but they were taken in a room with bad lighting
and with my phone}



They sent a pattern that comes in three sizes and is open in the back with ribbon ties.

With every stitch I thought about our precious Eden and all the other babies that pass away 
and it was an honor to sew these gowns for their precious little bodies.

I was able to get 

TEN 

little dresses out of the wedding dress that was donated and I was 
thrilled!! 

 We love and miss our granddaughter so very much and I vow not to let her be forgotten.

My deepest prayer is that these dresses would never have to be used, but sadly...

 I know they will.

I pray it brings a bit of comfort to the families who receive these precious
gowns to put on their sweet babies. 

This dress on the left I made a boo boo on. The center front is to be laid on a fold and I wasn't paying
attention and cut it right down the middle! WHOOPS!  I did not want to waste this little dress so
I made a placket down the front joining the pieces together. Where there is a will there is a way!


Please stop a minute and pray for all families of babies lost...it is a horrible tragedy to any
family no matter the circumstances. It has really opened my eyes to how many babies are lost
each day, month, year and we have no clue WHY! There have been several losses in our  local area
recently and something needs to be done!

Blessings~

5 comments:

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sandy,
I am so sorry to hear about Eden Rain... it is so lovely that from the sadness you are giving so much comfort to others! Truly a beautiful gift! I saw a Facebook Page about this recently and plan to send my wedding dress.
A Giant Comforting Hug to You!
Bella

bobbie said...

These are so beautiful, and for such a good cause ~
Bless you ~

Sarita Boyette said...

You are so sweet to do this in Eden's name for those who have suffered the greatest loss. When Meredith was born & died in 1974, there was not much continued sympathy for us. When the food kept coming from our fellow church goers, the sympathy cards were no longer in the mailbox, the visits stopped, I think people thought we should be healed. I feel like I was given about 2 weeks to get over it. And, as you know, this is a battle I still fight today through depression & anxiety & the longing to have held her,just once, in my arms.

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Sandi my heart breaks for you. I know the loss of Eden was so very sad and overwhelming. It touches my heart to see you channel some of your unbelievable grief into these sweet gowns. I do not think there is any greater loss than that of a child. This is a good cause and you have a beautiful heart my friend. Hugs to you.
Kris

Tonita said...

Hi, This is the very first time I have visited your blog - just following some links after someone left a comment on my blog. While my current blog post has nothing to do with these sweet little baby gowns, God knew I needed to be right here. I had heard of this organization but forgot their name. Going thru my shed last week I ran into my old wedding dress. I was going to donate it to Goodwill but remembered someone telling me about these baby gowns. Now out of the blue I am on your site. Would you like me to send my wedding dress directly to you? I will check back to see if you got this message. God bless you for making these sweet gowns. So sorry for your precious loss.