Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tightening of the Purse Strings...

I need to remember the following scripture as my husband and I tighten down our purse strings. My husband came home yesterday from work with news that was not what we wanted to hear. Our medical insurance premiums have increased by $60 a week and we now pay over $550 a month off the top of his paycheck for the two of us. Seems the paycheck doesn't go far enough as it is and now this...but I try to remind myself to be thankful that he isn't making even less than he is as some are. God is good and I know He will take care of us. Please don't get me wrong, I know there are people that are far worse off than us and with this economy I have a feeling many things will get worse instead of better. God has a plan and His way is always best! This is what I tell you: do not be worried about the food and drink you need in order to stay alive, or about clothes for your body. After all, isn’t life worth more than food? And isn’t the body worth more than clothes? Look at the sparrows: they do not plant seeds, gather a harvest and put it in barns; yet your Father in heaven takes care of them! Aren’t you worth much more than many sparrows? Can any of you live a bit longer by worrying about it?And why worry about clothes? Look how the wild flowers grow: they do not work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that not even King Solomon with all his wealth had clothes as beautiful as one of these flowers . . . So do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings.[Matthew 6:25-34]"

1 comment:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Blessings to you over the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday... anyone that has been paying attention to the world and living in it had better realize this is not the worse of it and we must tighen the purse strings and we will find we buy so very many things we do not need... I also have faith we will be ok but know it is a time for adjustments.... If they need to be tighter... then I will also do that...the key is not to let it go so long you can't get out of it....