Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Cookie Man ~

I have a cookie story for you today
and my hubby is the main character~

{whatever you do, don't tell him that I said he is a character...lol}

A few days ago he wanted to make oatmeal cookies.
{I think this is the 2nd time in over 32 years that he has made cookies}

So he starts the process and doesn't ask me one thing.
Next thing I know I am looking out in the kitchen and
he has all the dry ingredients in the mixer first.

{I really didn't want to say anything, but I couldn't keep my mouth shut}

I said , "hon, you are supposed to start with the sugar , butter
eggs and liquid ingredients". To which he said, "oh, I didn't know".
From that point on I left him alone.

Unbeknownst to me he had picked out a huge recipe.
It took 5 cups of flour and 5 cups of oatmeal etc.
Get the picture?

I wandered out in the kitchen a while later
and noticed there were cookies in the oven,
but there was also a bowl of dry ingredients
on the counter and a bowl of mixed wet ingredients so I
had to ask him what was up.

It appears everything would not fit in the bowl so
he mixed up all the wet ingredients, took 1/2 of that
and added 1/2 the flour mixture! (as best he could eyeball it)
I said, "You can't do that"...lol

Cookies from one batch were wonderful...
the others were flat...literally.
We had cookies running out our ears!
We ended up with three large tupperware containers
full of cookies. And I must confess,
two different days he took his "flat" cookies into work
and they loved them.
{but I think guys will eat most anything...lol}

He now thinks he should open his own business.
What do you think?
Blessings~

10 comments:

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

LOL! How funny! But you know, with some encouragement, he may eventually take over the cooking - wouldn't that be nice! My sweet little hubby does everything - except cook. The ONLY thing he has ever "cooked" is a grilled cheese sandwich, but the family agrees - he does it well!

Anonymous said...

Heee-hee-hee! You're good at not saying anything to your hubby. Mine has been cooking since he's been home and it's hilarious! ♥

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

lol That is so funny. My husband took a whole bunch of chili recipes and made his own out of them and it is to die for. Everyone looks forward to it. It is now the 'secret family recipe':) I wish he would learn how to do the dishes. Now THAT would be fabulous!
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Amanda Kaake said...

I think dad's cute! Matt likes making cookies too. You should freeze some for when we come up. Kids will eat anything too;)

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh my gosh... what a great try and what a toot all at the same time.....

June said...

Oh Sandi,
I'm laughing my head off right now. I guess that's how ya learn though. OMG enjoy those cookies!!!
Hugs~

Unknown said...

I think that is such a cute story!! My husband wouldn't have a clue what to do to make cookies! The first time he ever asked me over for dinner, he made me ham melts! Bless their hearts!

I received my amazing sachets and beautiful ribbon yesterday! I just looooooove all of it Sandi!!! Thank you so much! The sachets really are so fabulous...

:) T

Donna said...

Let the man cook to his heart's content! My hubby is a wonderful cook and I'm much fatter for it, LOL!

Irene said...

I think that's great. But maybe you should call THEM the monster cookies.

TheresainMS said...

Sounds like y'all had fun and have plenty of cookies! My husband's favorite cookie is oatmeal and he loves to cook. He is a huge help around the house and actually does most of the cooking of meals. He usually talks me into doing the baking though haha. I am so blessed to have a husband who actually can cook and isn't afraid of dishwater. I'm spoiled to tell the truth :-)

I'd like to invite you to my blog giveaway at My 100th blog post giveaway. The drawing is Wednesday, the 16th and I'm hoping to have lots of entries. I'm always wanting to meet new blog friends and this is a great chance to do just that.

Have a great Friday!!