Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Choices

choices : plural of choice (Noun) An act of selecting or making a decision
when faced with two or more possibilities.

I have been wrestling inside in the past few weeks
with some choices that I knew I had to make.
...some easier choices and
some hard choices.

My first choice came after I visited my doctor
for a checkup and bloodwork. Some of my numbers
suggested that I need to make some changes in
my lifestyle, my eating habits and lose some weight.
I never had a problem with weight until I was
diagnosed with fibromyalgia 24 years ago and then
when I was put on meds to control the pain, I packed on
about 25 or 30 unwanted lbs, but just figured
hey this is me now.

I realized that attitude has to change, so I have been doing step aerobics and have already seen a difference. It is a great feeling when others can notice that I have lost a few lbs too, but I have no scale in my house so won't know until I visit my doctor again just how much has melted off. lol. I do know that it isn't melting off fast enough for me, but that is usually the way it goes. Much easier to put on than to take off.

{I am hoping by the time I visit him again that I will have lost at least 10 lbs!}

I also need to learn how to relax and not stress out about things that I can't control. I think I am doing better in that area too.

But the hardest choice of all ...leaving my booth that I have enjoyed having for the past year and a half. My heart just isn't in it anymore and with gas prices soaring, my 60 mile round trip on a weekly basis will definitely save money.

It was such a hard decision...I even shed a few tears over it, but I know this is what I need to do for now. It is always good to hear that they are going to miss me and when the owner told me: "Sandi ,you know you are welcome back anytime" I shed more tears...glad I was on the phone and not in person or I would have been a blubbering mess.

They are such kind ladies at that mall and I will miss them, but I did tell her that I may be back in the future and I will definitely visit to go antiquing. It is my favorite store in the area.

So there you have it...a few choices that were made that will definitely change my daily routine, but I know it will be for the better...at least for now. Who knows what may come down the road... God is good all the time!!

Blessings~

10 comments:

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh Sandi, tough choices indeed. I'm glad to hear you are already noticing a difference with some exercise (which is always good for the spirit as well as the body) and I do hope leaving your booth won't bring you too much sadness. Please know that you will continue to inspire us here in blogland with your wonderful creations and lovely photos.
I wish you all the best in whatever comes next down the road,
Take care - Susan

Susie said...

sandi, glad you are already taking steps to improve your health. sad for you to leave your shop, but you'll have good memories. thinking of you... you are in my prayers, susie

Unknown said...

you are making the right choices to help you on your path to good health. without it, nothing else matters. nothing!

Donna Reyne' said...

There must be something in the air we breathe! I know so many people who are facing difficult and life changing choices!
I too have made some lately and I feel for ya!
I know it will all work out!
Maybe you can expand your etsy store(Hee,hee)
Or do shows from time to time!(hint,hint)
But doing things to improve the quality of life...totally worth doing!
Have a blessed day!
Hugs,
Donna

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... sounds like you have thought it all through and made your choices wisely... I too battle Fibromyalgia (you and I have talked about this before) so I really DO know what you are going through... congratulations on losing weight and feeling better... as far as your booth, I would love it if you sold your treasures on line!... xoxo Julie Marie

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet girl, it's hard making decisions like those but isn't it amazing how relieved we feel after we do? We crave direction and purpose...everything has it's time, maybe you will end up selling goodies online? I always love seeing what you find and create ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Elyse said...

hi sandi,

your choices sound like wise ones, made in your best interests. good for you and ... good for you!

xo
elyse

Amy Kinser said...

God bless you in all of the decisions that you made. I know you prayed about them all first!

Nice to meet you and I am a new follower. Your blog is lovely for sure.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

You know I am here to support you anyway I can!!
I am trying to stay on a healthy path too! It's hard for me!

Miss Gracie's House said...

Sandi,
Good for you! I LOVE step...exercise has been a HUGE help to me in the last 10 years...I hope you feel better...as far as the booth goes...that i understand, too...I am battling indecision at the moment...it is wearing me down. My trip is 60 miles...one way...so I don't go over near enough. I do hope you do what brings you joy.
Rene