Friday, December 9, 2011

Still a favorite


Point of Grace
{photo from online source}



{click on arrow to hear this holy song}


Oh this song...this wonderful song...still a favorite Christmas song of mine. I cry every time I hear it , but I have to listen. It pulls me in and I play it over and over.  It IS the embodiment of Christmas...it IS a holy song. Young Mary giving birth to Baby Jesus and how she must have felt.  Laboring on the cold cobblestones...in a dirty stable.  I can't even imagine it.  He came for US in the most lowly way possible, but yet He came.  For me and for you.  I am so very thankful that He came!

LABOR OF LOVE
sang by Point of Grace

It was not a silent night
There was blood on the ground
You could hear a woman cry
In the allyways that night
On the streets of David's town.
And the stable was not clean
And the cobblestones were cold
And little Mary full of grace
With the tears upon her face
Had no mother's hand to hold.

It was a labor of pain
It was a cold sky above
But for the girl on the ground in the dark
With every beat of her beautiful heart
It was a labor of love.

Noble Joseph at her side
Callused hands and weary eyes
There were no midwives to be found
In the streets of David's town
In the middle of the night.

So he held her and he prayed
Shafts of moonlight on his face
But the baby in her womb
He was the maker of the moon
He was the Author of the faith
That could make the mountains move.

It was a labor of pain
It was a cold sky above
But for the girl on the ground in the dark
With every beat of her beautiful heart
It was a labor of love.

For little Mary full of grace
With the tears upon her face
It was a labor of love.

It was not a silent night
On the streets of David's town...


I intended to add a copy of this CD in my giveaway here, but totally forgot about it so I will be doing another giveaway in a few days. Be sure and stay tuned! It has many wonderful Christmas songs on it...peppy ones too! :)
In the meantime if you haven't already signed up for my giveaway click here.


8 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Sandi ~ I haven't heard that song before but it is so beautiful! I love the words ~

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Such a beautiful song and what a reminder huh! Thanks for sharing~Blessings Kim

Anonymous said...

Sandi, That song can definitely make one cry.It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Smiles to you,Susie

Rebecca said...

Hi Sandi
This is such a beautiful song, I have not heard it before. Wonderful how music pierces right to your spirit.
Blessings
Rebecca

Heaven's Walk said...

LUV Point of Grace, Sandi. And those words just make me want to get on my knees....

xoxo laurie

Unknown said...

So moving & beautiful ... profound.
TY for sharing my friend.
Merry Christmas
TTFN ~
Hugs of love,
Marydon

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Sandi,
what a beautiful song! I'm still having goose bumps:)Thanks so much for sharing.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Pleuntje said...

What a wonderfull song about a wonderfull story. I just hope many people are aware of the meaning of christmas. Love Petra