Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I started with an old wooden berry picking box...

 ...laid it on it's side and started embellishing. {it was already painted white}

First I added white cheesecloth and then an angel graphic from The Graphics Fairy. I glued lace around the edge of the angel photo and then I added a feather, tag and tiny vintage ornaments.

I LOVE the wonderful patina that is found on old Christmas ornaments. You just can't get that in new ornaments.

I thought for a sudden burst of creativity that it turned out pretty good.
What do you think?


First time around I added a candle {and I even lit it}, but that was before I added the feather and I really didn't want my home going up in flames, so I opted for the vintage ornaments instead. You could use a battery powered votive though and I think it would work just fine. I see all kinds of possibilities with these embellished with holy cards and candles etc.  I hope to work on some more after the holidays.

24 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

A very beautiful burst of creativity. That plain old berry picking box must feel like Cinderella. xx

Dorthe said...

Beautiful dear Sandi- love the white wintery idyl there- and that you have made it stand like that, on the edge.And the old bubbles are wonderful.
Hugs from me.
Dorthe

Ann said...

So sweet and, well, angelic. A terrific idea well executed. I'm pinning this!

AuntLou said...

Yessss! :)

awal.ny said...

So cute, I love all the white and angelikeness of it.

Pleuntje said...

Yesterday and today I saw beautifull things on your blog. It is so serene. Ik adore all the things that you made. Love Petra

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Very pretty and creative!
Barb

Sweet Old Vintage said...

ok send that energy this way... very sweet....

Anonymous said...

Sandi...My goodness, do you ever sit still LOL. That is precious. Visit my site "She Junks" , you'll see the cute gift you sent me. Susie
Teddy loves it too:):)

andrea@townandprairie said...

Such a beautiful little handful of wonder. It's like a little world in there! andrea@townandprairie

andrea@townandprairie said...

Such a beautiful little handful of wonder. It's like a little world in there! andrea@townandprairie

June said...

It turned out beautiful Sandi! I love it when I get a sudden burst, don't you?
I love your beautiful win from Rosemary. I ordered something from here once and was blown away by her presentation.
The photos of your darling grands are beautiful.
Wishing a Merry Christmas Sandi.
hugs...

thistlewoodfarm said...

I am just visiting, but I had to tell you how talented you are! I love that box and the feather. Absolutely beautiful!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your box turned out beautiful, Sandi! I love those vintage ornaments too. New ones are just too shiny.
Hugs,
Julia

saltbox
treasures
said...

Your little berry box is just precious!! You're so creative!
Merry Christmas!
~ Julie

Tina said...

So beautiful - love those little ornaments

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

This is beautiful Sandi...and is giving me ideas for our white event in the spring!

Alicia said...

ME ENCANTA ESE ANGEL....QUE PRECIOSIDAD...UN TESORO.
SALUDITOS

Sandy said...

Dreamy creation!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Love the angel and how it looks so magical.

Love, Jody

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Absolutely Stunning Sandi! So Lovely and Delicate! Thank you for Sharing!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Hugs
Jill

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Gorgeous project Sandi! Don't you just love those little bursts of creativity?

Merry Christmas my friend,
Judy

Through The Garden Gate said...

WOW.....What a beautiful blog! Such inspiration. I LOVE it. You have wonderful taste! xoxoxo Pam

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

So very beautiful,Sandi.TFS.
Hugs,
Marie