Monday, September 3, 2012

The Rusty Dog

Hubby and I visited our son and family in Indiana again this weekend and we had
a wonderful time. One of the places my hubby has been wanting to take me to is called

THE RUSTY DOG IRISH PUB

He has eaten there, but I haven't so we all had dinner there on Saturday evening.


We talked to the owner and I wish I had asked him how it got it's name,
but I didn't even think about it until after we were gone.

My daughter-in-law Melissa called ahead and reserved a spot for us. The family dining
room is very small so if you want to eat you have to make a reservation.

 This was the adult menu.

The kids menu said:
*Leprechaun menu* ...how cute is that!!

{I know several of these photos aren't that great , but I still wanted to share
them with you}

The place was filled with antique photos and other goodies.

Here is my son and his little leprechaun Kanaan! :)
The tables are covered with white paper and they give the kids crayons so
they can color all over it. What a neat idea! Keeps them busy and out of
trouble. 

I was trying to capture a photo of Keira praying and this is as close as I got. I think
she was peeking a little ,but that is okay.

This soup was DELICIOUS!!

Potato, leek and pork soup

They used red skinned potatoes
and left the skin on...I would love to have some more right now. lol

My son ordered shrimp and it sure looks yummy even though I am not found of seafood.

Hubby had stuffed roast beef...

Yours truly had a salad! 

They brought this tiny mug out with extra dressing.

DESSERT:

Melissa told us we had to get some dessert so we could see how they served it.
It comes in a doggie bowl! How fun! I was good and only ate two bites...

...but someone else almost licked it clean! ha!

If you are ever in the Huntington, Indiana area you might want to check this place out.

32 North Jefferson Street
Huntington, Indiana 46750

Happy Labor Day!!

5 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

I love Irish Pubs,there seems to be a lot around at the moment. We usually search one out when on holidays.The meals are usually quite substantial. Your chicken salad looks so healthy.
I am visiting from Blushing Rose x

Theresa said...

I am stopping by from Marydon's blog to say HI! I so enjoyed having dinner at that restaurant with you thru your pics! I will remember to eat there if I am ever in the area:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Susie said...

Sandi, The restaurant looks so nice. I love the photo of your g.daughter praying,how sweet she looks. Smiles, Susie

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

I haven't had dinner yet....now I am drooling!! It seems like fall being upon us has so many bloggers posting about food and boy am I getting hungry!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

First you need to send me some of your will power!
I know I should have a salad, but stuffed roast beef? I could not resist!