Friday, July 28, 2017

Summer is half over already!!


I haven't been able to get out and work in my flower beds for quite awhile because
the mosquitoes are so bad here in Michigan if you step outside the door they will
carry you away!! No kidding!

I have been debating and debating and debating with myself over whether to paint the teal
chalkboard boards on my pallet planter black instead of the bright teal. I have decided
that I am going to do it. You can hardly see the chalk on this color of paint so black it is...
WHEN I can get back outside to work.


See all these dry leaves? This happens ever year from this crabapple tree. I love the tree in Spring,
but it is awful this time of year and I can't even begin to keep up on picking up the leaves so
most of them stay put and it looks like FALL already.

Did you see my last two posts about my BFF's garden? She is so precise and not a weed in
sight and I am a MESSY gardener. ha ha! Takes all kinds to make the world go round. 



I purchase Rosemary every year because I love it so much!
I just made some Rosemary lemonade this week and hubby loved it as much as I did.
DELICIOUS!


My basil plant is huge this year. It is my very favorite herb along with Rosemary.



My pallet planter spilleth over. lol



I pray that all of you are having a wonderful summer and making tons of memories
with friends and family. I have always been somewhat of a loner, but I find the older
I get the more I just want to be alone most of the time. Not a bad thing. I do enjoy a good
shopping trip occasionally, but even that is getting old.

What are you doing this summer for fun??

2 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Sandi
Good Morning. Love seeing your pretty flowers and herbs growing and the pretty whimsy to your garden.
We are having a pretty sweet weekend temp wise here in Illinois so I am sure you are about the same. Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs,
Kris

Irene said...

lovely, I'm with you those mosquitoes are making life difficult for us gardeners. With me it's spiders, this year they are out there and biting ME. The weeds are winning.