Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vintage Goodness ~

I love antiquing~
Show me a thrift store or an antique store
and once I go in you may never see me again.
Okay, I might come out once in a while
to eat, but otherwise forget it ~
Loving antique buttons, laces... Ribbons...
Pottery...
Books...
just about
anything
old~
I fell in love with the lace covered mason jars
that Robin Brown had at her wedding.
I thought I would try it.
I didn't want to glue the lace
on the jar in case I want to use it for something else.
I can see these hanging on a porch
looking so pretty at night time all lit up.
Have a "vintage goodness" kind of day today.
Blessings~

11 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Good Morning Sandi... I also love the jars.... Rainy morning again.... Wishes for a nice weekend for you. We are going to Ft. Wayne later this afternoon with another couple and meeting another couple there... Triangle Park Bar and Grille for dining and conversation....

Kim said...

I totally agree with you Sandi. To me, there is nothing better and more fun than spending hours visting the antique shops and thrift stores to see what treasures can be found. Doing that is something that I will never tire of.

Hope you have an fabulous weekend!!

Kim

The Victorian Parlor said...

Everything is beautiful! I am the same way when it comes to thrifting and antiquing-I might stop to eat but otherwise I am shopping without stopping!

Blessings,

Kim

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Sandi:
What a pretty idea for mason jars! Thanks for sharing.
Donna

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I love all of this - I feel an antique shop spree coming on! Haven't been in awhile.

stefanie said...

all are gorgeous, it is sooooo easy to lose yourself in an antique store.

Anonymous said...

We have a very nice antique store here.... Some REALLY nice stuff!!
Love your photos...
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Marilyn

Miss Gracie's House said...

That's the one time I can go without food-when I'm antique shopping! Yep, that's goodness you've got there!
Rene'

Lisa said...

Oh you do some some lovely things! I think I want to put buttons in one of my new apothecary jars. Guess I'll have to get more buttons! hehe!
All of your treasures are just wonderful! I know you love them!
Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Antiquing is the best! I'm gonna try and hit the flea market tomorrow - always a favorite of mine. Lovely pictures!

:) T

June said...

Yes, I loved those jars as well, that Robin had. I think I will do a couple as well. I love the laces. They are just fab!
Hugs,
June