Thursday, April 15, 2010

Buttons and lace

Did you notice my new sidebar buttons?

I love them!

I was going to change to a three column layout,
but thought better of that with my slow dial up
so for now I just had Karen make me some pretty
buttons.

{ you thought I was going to talk about
vintage buttons didn't you? *smile*}

a vintage lace covered jelly jar
that I made just for me ~
{sometimes we need to keep at least
one item that we make. lol.}
Canisters full of old lace and vintage hankies ~ lace scarves that I found at the antique mall for $1.00 each...I bought all three.
They are very long and just gorgeous.
The two white scarves have this
*paper white* label
and another tag that says,

"entirely hand made lace
100% cotton
made in Brazil"...

they are so beautiful!

Wishing you a gorgeous Thursday.
It is over 80 degrees here today in
Michigan. YAY!

Thought for the day:

*God is so big that He can cover the whole world
with His love and so small He can curl up inside
your heart*

Blessings~

13 comments:

stefanie said...

I love filling cannisters with lace..great minds!!

Vicki Boster said...

Beautiful - your blog is just so lovely with all the vintage pictures. Love your new layout - stuning - love the "buttons"! Your vintage treasures - are so lovely!

Vicki

Sweet Old Vintage said...

So lovely Sandi... Today was beautiful....

Unknown said...

very beautiful white treasures sandi!!

Anonymous said...

what gorgeous canisters filled with wonderful treasures!

Karen said...

Beautiful scarves!! Love what you did with the jar, clever girl!

Betty said...

The new buttons look very nice on your blog.

I bet you have trouble getting into some blogs because I have trouble from time to time and I don't have dial up. Especially blogs with music and lots of other stuff. There's one blog I really liked, but every time I try to go there it freezes up my computer, so I don't even try anymore.

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Fabulous, wise choice to buy all three!!! It was a Great buy. I do love your new buttons and blog in general. Ugh - mine needs a major overhaul. Hugs, jane

aimee said...

what a beautiful jar cover. perfect for a tea party. i love the the words you ended your post with God big and small. it was hot here in riverside too. i worked today pulling weeds at the school i work at. i think i got a sun burn on my neck.
blessings,
aimee

BellaRosa said...

Sandi amor, I LOVE your beautiful buttons and your soo right...I did think this was a post about lovely vintage buttons lol Your lace jelly jars are gorgeous! What will you put in them?? maybe some lovely roses :) And those scarves!!! GORGEOUS!! beautiful finds :) Have a beautiful weekend! Besos, Rose

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Beautiful lace! The buttons are great ~ I added a few new features on my layout too!

GwendolynKay said...

Love your altered jar. I wonder what you will keep in it? Those laces you picked up for a dollar each are a steal.. I am a bit jealous!
Have a great weekend.
Blessings!
Gwen

June said...

You seriously find the coolest stuff Sandi! The scarves are crazy beautiful! I love your cute little jar...and the buttons are awesome. Sidebar buttons that is.
hugs