Sunday, April 4, 2010

Eggs Anyone?

We had so much fun having an Easter egg hunt
for the grandchildren after church today.
We only had three that could attend ,
but it was definitely a day to remember!

I sent dh and the rest of the guys outside
to distribute the eggs. We ended up with
37 eggs per child! That is a lot of eggs
to find places for.

We had to stop our sweeties in their tracks for pictures
before they came bounding out the door to find the eggs.

There were eggs in the bushes...

on the outlet...

among the chives...

and on the ground.

Annika did so good at picking her eggs up and
putting them in her basket.

Jon, on the other hand kept taking
breaks to eat what was inside his eggs! LOL

I found some more!

Once again, Jonathan sitting down eating
the chocolate...too cute~

All done gathering eggs and headed into the house
to open them and collect the goodies.

This is the first Easter egg hunt we have had for
years. We had one when Allysha was younger
and she was the only grandchild, but somehow
it never worked out since then.

It was a lot of fun
watching the grands get so excited over finding
the eggs. We will definitely be doing it again
next year and we hope that Keira can
be here to join in the fun because we
sure missed her today!

{I didn't get hardly any pictures of Allysha because
she took off around the other side of the house
and I didn't know where she was! }

I hope you had a wonderful Easter day !

7 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Sandi ~
They are just precious ~ I miss the Easter egg hunt days ~ I know that grandkids are around the corner though so that will be such a fun blessing !
xoxo
Lori

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Too cute. Yes, alot of eggs for one child. Hard to miss those bright colored eggs outside right now, LOL. Had an Egg hunt also but inside. Hugs, Jane

Lisa said...

Oh how sweet! I am glad they had fun! Our hunt was at the church yesterday and the chocolate melted! It wasn't even out that long! I think they should have put it in the fridge for a while first! Glad you had a great day! Happy Easter Blessings to you and yours!
Hugs, Lisa

raggygirlvintage said...

So cute! That was a lot of eggs! My kids are 16,14 and 10 and we still have to have a hunt each year!
Tracey

Donna said...

How precious! I think the adults had as much fun as the children, LOL.

Anonymous said...

lol to funny your grandson John how cute.He wanted just to eat he couldnt resist ha.Cute!

BellaRosa said...

Sandi amor, looks like you and your loved ones had a beautiful Easter :) I wish we still had lil ones to have Easter egg hunts...although....my daughters probably wouldn't mind doing it now, and they are 13 & 19 lol hey if chocolate is involved...even I'm in for some of that fun! :) I love Jon's way of hunting for eggs...I would be right there with him, eating the chocolates lol Your grandbebes are beautiful! Besos, Rose