Monday, March 12, 2012

3.10.2012

Another year has passed and along with that somehow I am also a year older!! Go figure! lol
Where oh where do the years go? I am constantly amazed at how fast time flies. When I was
young I couldn't wait to be 30 years old and now...I would still like be that age, but know
what I know now. :)

My youngest son and his family took me out to eat on my special day and also presented me
with a dozen pink lemonade cake balls.

They are just delicious and I had to share them with you. I wish you could taste them!
{ I have been hanging on to five of them just to take more photos. lol.}

My little granddaughters Annika and Ainsley both looked so beautiful  in their pretty dresses and
their tiny fingernails were all painted up with pink polish when I arrived at their house.  I was
really bummed that I forgot my camera and my phone camera doesn't take great quality photos,
but the memories will linger in my heart forever.  Annika informed me on the way to the
 restaurant that her daddy painted her nails...not her mommy! Love it!!

I thought I would taste this one for you and see what you think.
What is your verdict?? I know you love them as much as I do!  

I am going to try my hand at making some of these soon!! I found several recipes when I googled, but
they are all made basically alike and sound so messy easy! 
Can you guess how old I am??
Oh my goodness...notice the dust on the left hand side of the*five* ?? That is one thing that
close up photos do...they pick up every detail! lol.

My cake balls were presented in this container with pink tissue paper with the silver flowers on top.
  I was told that I don't get the rest of my gift until we go to my older son's house next weekend.
Annika whispered to her daddy about it and he told her they have to wait a few days.
 It sure is hard for little people to wait...and sometimes bigger people too! ha!

18 comments:

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Yesterday I decided that I was going to start eating healthier....today I decided I need to throw that idea out the window and make some of those too!!
Pillsbury has a pink lemonade cake mix and cookie mix out right now.I figured it was a limited edition....so I bought four boxes of each lol!
Your photos are GORGEOUS! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥

Andi's English Attic said...

Happy Birthday!

The cakes look so pretty and yummy.

Have a wonderful day. xx

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
TO
YOU!!!!
WOW those little cake balls look very yummy and "thanks for sharing".
Glad you had a lovely Birthday! Mine is next month and I'm older than you!...wait...I'm going backwards in age! LOL!
Warmly,
deb

Lady Pamela said...

The photos are great. So this proves that it is the photographer NOT the camera that is the key. I guess I should stop looking for a new camera. lol

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Yummy! I would like to try those! I hope you share the recipe you use when you make some and let us know how they turn out. Your photos are absolutely beautiful!

Happy Birthday!

~Shanon

Irene said...

Happy Belated Birthday, your little cake balls look yummy. I agree with Vintage Farmhouse girl, Make cupcakes when ever you can. I didn't notice the dust until you pointed it out, what's a little dust among friends.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy Birthday Girlfriend!!!

What a delish gift!! Can't wait to see what else they have for you!

Bonjade said...

Happy happy birthday....
Oh those cake balls look jummie te me....do they taste as good as they look?

And your both grand daughters were beautiful I am sure......all those nails.....specially for their favorite grandmother.

Fine evening.......

julie - eab designs said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! I am in love with your petite pink lemonade cake balls. So adorable and I have to say, I think I was actually drooling as I read your post. If you find a recipe, please share it with us. Wishing you a happy year ahead.

LMcBurney said...

Happy Birthday! May God bless you richly with joy in serving Him.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Happy birthday!!! The photos are so beautiful I can almost taste the cake balls!!! they are gorgeous!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Happy Birthday! Those are the most beautiful little cakes ever! You did a lovely job photographing them. Enjoy!

Heaven's Walk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Sandi! Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUU!!!! :) Eat one of those sweet cakes for me, will ya...?

Hugs!

xoxo laurie

The Feathered Nest said...

Happy Birthday sweet Sandi!!!! You are so precious...I hope you had the most wonderful day, it sure sounds like you did! These cake balls look so yummy...and the colors are beautiful. And by the way, dust is my friend...it's always around me here! Wishing you many more years of happiness, health and love to come, hugs and love, Dawn

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Happy Birthday. Those cake balls look delicious. They make my mouth water.
Glad you had a good time with your family.

Barbara Jean said...

yummy!!
and happy birthday blessings too. =)
aaaah. To be 53 again. =) (I have 10 years on ya' girl). =)

Received my package, with book and all the treasures.....Thank you sooo much.
I cannot wait to start the book tomorrow.

? Were those little paper triangles bookmarks?? so cute.

thanks again
blessings
barb

Susie said...

Sandi, You are still very young. Don't you watch Willard Scott on the today show....I want to live long enough for him to wish me happy birthday and tell me how good I look. :):) Happy Birthday. xo, Susie(She Junks)

cecilia said...

Wow! These look amazing! I pinned them to Pintetest, on my Valentines day board, and renamed them "bites" because anything thus beautiful deserves not to be called balls! :) Cecilia. www.readysetyum.com/whats-cookin.com