Monday, April 20, 2015

Laundry Room/Porch Makeover


I did not intend to do a back porch/laundry room makeover this week, but one thing led to another and
here we are. ha! I didn't buy one thing except paint and found out after I had used some of it that I already
had 3/4 gallon of the same paint left over from the bathroom / pantry area. Can you say CRAZY?
Yep, that is me. Can't remember one thing these days.

I painted the room in Glidden Country Fog and the trim is Glidden Pinch of Salt.
Love those colors. I don't go to Home Depot or anywhere fancy to get my paint. I go to good ole'
Walmart. Living in the country we have to drive 25 mins to Walmart which is far enough.
The other stores are much farther so I make do. I have never had any problem with
paint no matter where I purchase it.

I still have to paint the ceiling yet! I know, I know...should have done that first, but remember?
I didn't intend to do any painting. It just kind of evolved so when I got the walls freshly painted
I realized the ceiling should be painted also. I am putting that on hold for a few days though.
I am TIRED.  


I purchased this very large basket at Home Goods last year. I either leave it this way or turn it
so the Home Sweet Home doesn't show. Kinda kitschy and I am not always in that mood. ha.




This is still one of my favorite pieces. My oldest son made this for me when he was knee high
to a grasshopper. {okay maybe a little taller than that}. It has been painted green with flowers on it,
painted a cream color and now 'pinch of salt". I also removed the door this time around.



Rosemary is one of my very favorite herbs along with basil.




I still ADORE this table that I purchased on the RTE 127 sales a couple years ago.
The piece in front is a drawer! I didn't know that when I bought it , but was pleasantly
surprised to find it. It also holds gardening items.


This is the other end of the room and this door with the full length mirror attached to it
 leads to the basement.



My daughter-in-law made this sign for me for Christmas a couple years ago and I love it.
She did a great job.




I am still tweaking things here and there so some things will probably go and others remain.
The nests will go. I had to have somewhere to put them so plopped them in the box for now.


Remember this piece that hubby and I originally made a potting bench out of?
It is our new, old vanity on the porch.


One thing we didn't really think through when we made this piece was how in the world
do I paint the wall behind the window when it needs it?  Since we ran water lines to it, it isn't
 like we can move it out to paint and there isn't much space in there to do anything.

I would have to stand on my head or rig up something else. haha!!

I had a light-bulb moment! I decided to paint the window panes with chalkboard paint. WA LA!
Problem solved!! Now no one knows that the wall behind it isn't painted...except you...
and you...and...:)



I see that Sandi got sloppy and got a splash of white paint on my shoes sign..sigh.
Such is life.

I can now remove the mirror whenever I want to and just write on the chalkboard windows.

Maybe something like:

Mirror , mirror on the wall, Who's the fairest of them all?

 haha


I LOVE this laundry tub. I also purchased it at Home Goods on clearance a year or more ago.
It is very sturdy canvas and just what I wanted and the price was great!

{The cement statue will go outside in a couple weeks}


I do hope you have enjoyed my mini makeover. I intended to put before and after pics, but may
save that for another post. I don't need to buy one more thing so it was nice to be able to
move things around my house and get a brand new look without spending any money.  I think
 it is fun to do that and see what you can come up with.

Happy Spring everyone!!

Blessings~

8 comments:

Seawashed said...

Dear Sandi,
I just love it! Love the colors of the paint and just everything about the space...it feels so open and airy and reminds me of the JDL publications...which you know are my favorite source of inspiration.

Wonderful unexpected makeover. xxo

Ana said...

Oh Sandi,
It is absolutely beautiful. I love, love, love how it all turned out. If my laundry room looked like yours I'd be doing laundry all the time...Hee, hee, hee. Well, at least I would be doing it all the time with a smile :-)

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh Sandi, I absolutely ADORE your laundry room! The paint looks fantastic and it is styled so amazingly. I love every bit, but am especially crushing on your rte. 127 table by the window!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Oh my Sandi, I agree with Kerrie, so JDL and beautiful! Your attention to detail is perfect!

sandy said...

I love everything about your laundry room! It has inspired me to get busy on mine! Thanks for the inspiration!

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Sandi,
It is gorgeous. I love that color on the walls so fresh and pretty. Every detail is so sweet in this room. I went back through your pictures a few times. Love it all.
Kris

Susie said...

Hi Sandi, Where did our spring go? It's cold and rainy this day here. I love your laundry/porch. You have decorated it beautifully. I wish my basement laundry looked that pretty. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

June said...

WOW-WOW-WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This would make me dirty all my clothes daily just so I could hang out in here Sandi! It is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All the touches you have added in here makes it truly special.

Have a Happy Mother's Day!
hugs...