Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hammering out frustration and recent finds

I have been hammering out my frustration lately!!

What have I been hammering on you ask?

I have been making
hand hammered Garden Markers.
I saw this idea online and decided I wanted to try it.
LOVE how they turn out and if you are frustrated
about anything at all, it just makes you feel better
when pounding the silverware! lol

All tagged and ready to take up to my booth
at the antique mall.

Spoons, forks, knives...
so much fun. Yes, there were mistakes along
the way and some silverware that is not fit to show,
but overall they turned out fine. I learned fast what
to do and what not to do.
Now I am on a mission to find more old silverware.

I have been looking for some pretty goblets/glasses
and fell in love with these that I found at the Goodwill
last week. They remind me of a upside down bee skep.

Another recent find. A Sheidan silverplate butter dish.
I thought it was a steal at 5.50 , but
when they rang it up, it was on sale for
$3.85! It even has a removable glass dish inside.

Last , but definitely not least
I found these lavender soaps made in France too.
They smell heavenly! $3.00 for this box.
Oh the little things that make me so happy.

Have a beautiful Tuesday!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wow..lots of gorgeous "steals!" sounds like you needed a "getaway driver!" :) LOVE, LOVE the hammered silverware! tutorial??

Unknown said...

Hubby wouldn't probably recognize his name most of the time anyway, Sandi ... LOLOLOLOL!!!!! Chuckle!! I needed that laugh from you this morning ... really worried about Sherry.

I WANT THOSE HAMMERED THINGYS!! Where do you come up with these ideas?! Super!

Love ya! sweet friend. Marydon

Vicki Boster said...

Your vintage silverware treasures are adorable. Bet your arm is sore babe from all that hammering!!! But so worth it as these are just exquisite.

Love the glasses also - I swear I look at these at flea markets all the time because I love the design.

You did really good with your treasure hunting - and your creations are like - WOW!

Vicki

KarenB said...

Wow, all from a thrift store? Is that what I read? Goodness, what great steals! I agree with Michelle, a tutorial would be great! Your silverware looks awesome!

Tami said...

Love it all....adorable plant makers!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Sandi...these are fabulous! What did you use, where did you get them! I want to try! Thanks for sharing!

The Feathered Nest said...

Gorgeous goodies Sandi!!! I love them all! I've been collecting silverware pieces to make some plant markers too! Please tell me what not to do ~ I'd love to sell some in my antique space. I used to go to Ross and buy soaps like that, take them out of the box (save it of course :) and wrap them each beautifully and individually and sell them that way!! Your son and his family are so precious, what a gorgeous photo of them ~ hope your week is going wonderfully, hugs and love, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi!
what a delightful post, full of pretty things! I love your hammered goodies!...
and I too have a similar silver butter dish.....the glass on the inside is the same! I use it every day...the butter keeps it from tarnishing! weird huh!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Crystal said...

That dish is cute and so is the silverware! Great job!

Amanda Kaake said...

Oh those plant markers are so neat!!! ARe you going to sell them on etsy?

Good Stuff said...

I absolutely love your artwork, and these latest plant markers are such a great idea! So whimsical and pretty! ~Sarah