Friday, November 15, 2013

My home is dressed for winter


Do you *dress your home* for winter? As in, replacing summer curtains with winter ones
and changing out tablecloths? I do. I really only change my bedroom curtains, but I adore
this vintage chenille bedspread for winter used as a tablecloth.  I just love the rose pattern.


Isn't it just gorgeous?  I also have a light blue bedspread like this one. They are keepers for sure!


I stuck this holly on today because I thought it needed a pop of color , but it could change
at any given moment. *smile*


This is as far as I have gotten with my winter decor, but I say , BRING ON WINTER!

{without the tons of snow}


I am still running my sale in the previous post and I am also having an Etsy sale at 20%
off so please pop on over and visit.

We were kinda thrown for a loop last week...hubby's factory is basically shut down. No
warning or anything so it is back to the unemployment line for us. ugh. What a time of
year to have that happen, but God is good! He went to the factory yesterday to pick up
 his toolbox and to get his pay stub and he was told they are holding the checks. WHAT??
Well, thankfully his was deposited today into our bank account so we thank God for that!

Happy weekend dear blogging friends and have fun dressing your home for winter!!

8 comments:

Betty said...

Sandi, love the tablecloth and the lantern. I decorate for winter after christmas. Try to put more white in the house.

Julie Marie said...

So pretty Sandi... I love your vintage chenille bedspread... yes, I am decorating for Christmas, as it takes me sooo long to get everything all up... and our weather is changing as well... BIG snowstorm moving in over the weekend, starting to rain right now, then will be ALL snow, 90% chance this weekend with lots of accumulation... so we are hunkered down with lots of food and warm blankets, etc in case our power goes off, which is does often in our big storms... good luck to your hubby... xoxo Julie Marie

Kathy said...

I change things out with the seasons too. After Thanksgiving the brown and orange go away and the white and blue comes out.

So awful about your husband's job. At least you got his pay deposited. I'll be praying for you.

June said...

I am crushin' on that tablecloth Sandi! It is truly wonderful!!! I do a little to warm things up for winter around the house. Just a few touches here and there usually after the holidays.
I will praying that your husband isn't without work for long. I am so sorry about this sweetie. I wish things would get back to what we call normal soon in this world.
many hugs...

Sue P. said...

That tablecloth is like a dusting of fresh snow and just perfect for wintertime decorating. I like the sprig of holly as it reminds me of how the birds have to search for a little bit of living foliage for winter protection.
I pray that you and your husband find God's protection as you trust Him to provide for you.
Sue P.

pat in NY said...

All my life I have found that when a bad thing happens, God always follows through with a good thing ( like your husband's pay being deposited).
I believe a new door will be opened for you. Glad you trust in God. Best wishes.

And, I just found your blog and I love it. Also your shop. Pat.

Donna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's job! I will keep you in my prayers.

diane said...

Love love love your decorating!
Absolutely creative and lovely!
Sorry about your husband's job .... I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. We may not see it right away ... but it will come to light.
**hugs**
diane