Thursday, November 7, 2013

Christmas Spirit


Just wanted to pop in and let you know that

CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!

Just in case you didn't know



I just found this beautiful cream and white tree at our local Goodwill store
for $5.00. That just immediately put me in the Christmas spirit. 


 I saw an idea on Pinterest to make candle holders in old zinc canning jar lids and I intended
to do that, but for now I decided just to throw in a tea light with some glittery mica.

Truthfully, that may be as far as I get until after Christmas. Candle making sounds like a
great idea to do on a cold and blustery January day. I have never made my own candles
so it should be a fun first time ever craft.

I am not ready for Christmas. I am farther behind than ever. ONE gift has been purchased
and that was a small one. HELP! lol

Are you ready?? Ready or not..
here it comes!! 

10 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... love your beautiful thrift store tree!... last year, I made some teensie vignettes in some of my old zinc lids... teensie little trees and angels and such in them... no, I am not ready for Christmas either... LOTS to do between now and then!... and I don't want to rush it... I love Thanksgiving and want to savor what is left of Autumn... wishing you a nice relaxing day, xoxo Julie Marie

julie - eab designs said...

I would have carried that beautiful little tree to my car as fast as I could! Beautiful!

Linda said...

Giving myself a break from Fall decorating. I'm usually the first to start decorating for Christmas Nov 1, but not this year. Love your wee tree. Great find.

Donna said...

What a deal! That looks like a feather tree that costs more than 10 times what you paid for it. And no, I'm never ready for Christmas, LOL, and this year will be no exception.

Kathy said...

I love Christmas, but I'm not rushing the season. I will get through Thanksgiving first. I love autumn and want to savor every moment. I will still have a whole month to love Christmas.

BTW I love your tree. I need to go to a thrift store and see what I can find.

Seawashed said...

Well that tree would put me in the mood too...what a beautiful find. I like your tea lights in the canning lids too.

RaeAbigael said...

beautiful tree! <3

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a score on that Christmas tree! Love it! I am thinking of making some candles too--looks like fun :)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I am not ready for Christmas, but definitely ready to see some decorations!!

Lady Pamela said...

Love the tree! Great find. You will enjoy making candles. My sister and I made soy candles in china tea cups and added a small chandelier crystal with ribbon to the handle. We gave them out at a ladies tea, they were a huge hit. All supplies were found at thrift stores.
*Hugs*