Monday, January 18, 2010

Missing my sweetie ~

I fell in love with these photos of my
precious little granddaughter and
just had to share them with you~

Her parents are both out of work so I don't get to
watch her near as much as I used to and
I miss her so much ~

We did stop over to visit a few days ago and when I sat down in the
rocking chair she climbed up onto my lap. She snuggled in close and I said to her, "Annika, I love you"

She looked at her mommy and said,
"mommy...mommy..."

Her mommy looked up and said "what Annika?"

and just as soft and sweet as could be Annika said,

"mom loves me"

{she still calls me mom}

and then she looked up at me with the sweetest
smile and most innocent face.
It just melted my heart.
I sure miss that little gal !

hoping you have a beautiful day today...

blessings~

11 comments:

Betty said...

What a beautiful face and such a sweet story. I'm sorry to hear about them being out of work too. I'm wondering what state you live in and hope things pick up soon for all of you!

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Sandi... Love the pics.... You will always be playing a big part in that little girls life... Blessings

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

She really is a doll! They are so sweet and innocent at that age. Blessings to you and yours. Have a great week. :) Tammy

Donna said...

And that photo melted my heart as well!

BellaRosa said...

Sandi she is such a beautiful lil bebe, and she knows just how special and loved she is by her grandma, because you will always show her. I hope things pick up workwise her parents soon, I know it is tough all over..but hopefully this years brings many good things for all of us :)

joyh82 said...

She is adorable. I love that age.

TheresainMS said...

Sandi, she is truly lovely. I can definitely relate to the missing her part. I have three living in North Carolina that I hope to see within the next few months.

I hope things pick up for her parents soon. My thoughts are with all of you.

Theresa in MS

Miss Gracie's House said...

Ahhh! I'd be a puddle for sure! Precious times and precious memories!
Rene'

June said...

Hi Sandi,
I LOVE these darling pictures of your sweet girl. I can imagine how you miss her. I miss my little ones too and wish they all lived close by.
hugs

Splendid Little Stars said...

Sandi, she is precious beyond words. Her words are precious, too. What a sweetheart!

Nita Jo said...

What a beautiful granddaughter! I had to smile when I read that she calls you "mom". A dear friend of mine has a grandson that calls her "honey" 'cause that's what he heard grandpa calling her... they babysat him while his parents worked.