Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 is here!

Christian New Year's Resolutions

How can I use the New Year
to better serve my Lord? I'll read my Bible every day,
and be more in accord.

I'll find new ways to serve others;
I'll love my neighbor, too.
I'll focus on *give* instead of *get*
In everything I do.

I'll forgive the people I'm mad at;
Angry feelings I'll discard;
I'll try to love my enemies,
Even though it's hard.

In the New Year, I'll lift people up,
Instead of putting them down,
I'll fill my heart with love and joy,
And never wear a frown.

I'll let go of my worries;
I'll put it all in His hands;
I'll repent and try to sin less,
And obey all His commands.

These new year resolutions
Are difficult, at best,
But there's something I can do each day
That will put my soul at rest:

I'll love the Lord with all my heart,
With all my mind and soul,
And if I do that essential thing,
All the rest will be in control.
- by Joanna Fuchs
Happy New Year to each of you
and may it be blessed in every way!!

12 comments:

stefanie said...

Love your post...Have a Happy New Year.thanks for all the inspiration

Michelle said...

Happy New Year, that is a wonderful poem to think about and what a great wish for the new year, I love it.

Karen said...

Happy New Year Sandi! Hope the year is full of health, love, and happiness!

Lisa said...

Happy New Year! Hope it is your best yet!
Hugs, Lisa

Hearts Turned said...

What a lovely post and poem, Sandi! A very Happy New Year to you, as well!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Amen to that! Happy, Healthy New Year to you! Blessings, Tammy

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Happy New Year... Wishes for many happy moments and contentment are sent your way....

Amanda Kaake said...

Oh that's a neat poem! I Just read something online not too long ago about how people make their new years resolutions and how they are generally not able to keep them. It said it's because they have not asked for the Lord's help - it's help only he can give :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy New Year Sandi!
That is a great poem and thanks for sharing it. Many great things to live up to and do.
Deb :)

KayEllen said...

Beautiful!

Blessings to you in the New Year =)

KayEllen

Faded Charm said...

What a lovely post today and am so glad you like the WW theme. Looking forward to much more great "white" in 2010.

Many blessings to you in the New Year!

Kathleen

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Beautiful!