Monday, June 7, 2010

A tisket, a tasket, and vintage bicycle baskets!

Flowers and lemon thyme planted in my new find...
vintage bicycle baskets.

I was thrilled beyond belief to find this set
of vintage bicycle baskets at the antique mall
where I have my booth.
It is a wonder I didn't do a little happy dance all
the way up to the counter and out the door!

I only paid $12 for this set...
not a thing wrong with them and I helped hubby
get them on my bike in no time at all.

Don't they look sweet? Just like they were made for
her...I also need a name for my bicycle. Any ideas?
She is a girl so keep that in mind okay? lol

Now I need a little help.
Does anyone know what kind of bush this is? It grew up on the north side of our garage
and we did not plant it. I love the white flowers,
but haven't a clue what it is.

and now last , but certainly not least...

A peek at my front porch last year is
in the latest edition of Porch Magazine
along with many other gorgeous porches.

I still can't believe that my humble little porch
was included in this issue. I think I am dreaming...

If you are so inclined
You can order a copy by clicking here.

Enjoy your Monday ~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandy...Where do I start?? First congrats on your porch in a magazine!! Way to go!!
As for the bicycle??? WOO HOO!! I just love her....I think I would find a name that was a bit obscure around the time of her birth!!
Love...Love...Love the baskets!!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Julie Marie said...

Hello Sandi... ooh, how I love your vintage bicycle baskets! I want to get me one for my bike I ride now... so pretty! I LOVE your all~white bike... ok, for her name, how about "Anais"... one of my French great~grandmothers was named that (most of them were named Marie!),... it means "graceful" in French, and your beautiful bike certainly looks graceful with that pretty basket on it! (You pronounce it like an~eye) As for your shrub, I do believe it is a type of Viburnum, not sure, but that is what it looks like to me... congratulations on being featured in Porch magazine... going to order a copy right now! xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi... A bit of luckey came your way.... with the baskets and a bit of lovely creating by you in hte magazine I am sure..... Have a wonderful day. I see some sun this morning

Irene said...

congratulations on your magazine publication. Wow. Love your bike and flower baskets. You're so clever.

June said...

Hi Sandi.
I have missed the best posts here while the the Farm Chick show. Your baskets are the perfect touch to your sweet bike. I think Betty is a cute name for a bicycle.
I am so happy that you have been included in Porch. Isn't that the best magazine. I just love it! I can't wait to see you there!
hugs

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Congrats girlfriend!! I must get myself a copy! You know I loooove your bicycle and the baskets are to die for...hmmm...how about since it is in your garden a flower name, like Rose or Rosie!

Crystal said...

The bicycle is wonderful!! Even if I had found the baskets I would never have guessed what they were. They do look good on "her"!

Bethany said...

Your bike is sweet! My daughter and I suggest the name "Lily Belle" for your bike. Congrats on the magazine!
Bethany ♥

Unknown said...

.. and I've eben sitting here patiently awaiting your pedalling arrival with that bike for my yard ... harumph! I can see that the 'side saddles (baskets)' waylaid you ... chuckle! How simply darling, my friend. You'e created a real beauty.

And you are in the Porch mag ... how fabulous! Where's the pic of the porch?

Miss Dawn ...dawn of a new day ... new flowers ... new planter ... new bike ... new blessings.

Hugs of love, sweetie ~ Marydon

Lady Pamela said...

I have always loved your vintage bicyle, Sandy. I often come back to your blog just to look at your flowers. I found a French flower cart today, I am thinking if I can get it in my car, I might make it my early birthday gift from my Dad.

Splendid Little Stars said...

How exciting, Sandi! Congratulations!
What great baskets!
Does the shrub have a scent?

decorating diva {aka deanna} said...

love love love the bike! i am sooo gonna copy u! we have a couple bikes at our house that have seen better days and now i know what to do w/ them! thanks for the inspiration!