Tuesday, June 8, 2010

White Wednesday...Doily overload

Quote for the day:
When life gives you lemons,
throw them back and demand chocolate!

now that I have your attention...lol...

I love these french embellished crochet doilies.

{I won them over at Rhonda's blog...she makes
the most amazing things!}

I have been up to my ears in paper doilies for the
past couple days!
I purchased them at a garage sale and have been
tea staining part of them. There is no longer a kitchen table for us to eat at
because it is filled with doilies!!

I have been using some of them for my packages
of inspirational sayings that are headed up to my
booth soon...that is the plan anyways.

2 different sizes...I found several packages at
a garage sale and I only bought three.
I should have purchased all of them!

{they came in a pack of 240 and were 25 cents and 50 cents a pkg}

This cute little bird candleholder was hanging out at the same garage sale so I had to bring him home with me. I see potential in this short , short skirt, but I won't be wearing it. lol. I picked it up at the Goodwill because of the raggy look of the pockets and ruffles. {it is supposed to look this way} I will use it in something that I create...someday.

Love this tattered look ruffle on the bottom of the skirt!

This beautiful set marked Germany was at the Goodwill for 55 cents for each piece.

Somedays they amaze me. There are days when I think things are way overpriced and then some days things are underpriced! {Love the underpriced days better!! }

Please excuse some of my photos today. The lighting was not good at all so there are dark areas in some of the photographs.

Happy WW!! Visit Kathleen over at Faded Charm for more WW posts.

Blessings~

24 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Sandi,
I love the underpriced days as well (so very much!). The doilies are gorgeous and the ones you won, are over the Moon wonderful.

Are you going to sell your inspirational ones in your Etsy store as well? I would love to purchase some, I just know it!
xo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oh... Happy White Wednesday too! Got carried away there, nothing new, right?
xo

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Lovely whites today, Sandi. I've joined up for my very first WW post, too!

THat skirt will make something wonderful. I love the doilies!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Crystal said...

Looks like you had a great shopping day! Can't wait to see what you do with the skirt...it has great potential!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi, I love your vintage doilies, and I too collect so many... your thrift shop find is just beautiful! xoxo Julie Marie

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hey good scrounge! Yummilicious doilies! Fun stuff! Jacqueline

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

WOW! You found some great deals! Those embellished doilies are awesome ~ you lucky girl! Can't wait to see what you create with that wonderfully shabby skirt!!!!

Happy White Wednesday!
Lori

Olga Poltava said...

Beautiful items. The skirt is definitely an interesting find.

The Charm of Home said...

Love your whites. I find treasures like that on Ebay. Way too high or underpriced. I'm like you, I like the bargain days!
Sherry

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I'm totally in love with the doilies idea...you might have inspired me...THANKS!!!!

Vintage Market Place said...

I thought those screamed Rhondas name.
She does beautiful work.
wow now that is a skirt, I would have had to have it also to make something from it.
Amy

Kim said...

I love your collection of doilies Sandi, both the crocheted ones and the paper ones. I've never seen any with tags on them before like the ones you show. Very intereseting. Hope all is well with you and that you are having a great week!!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Awesome awesome treasures !! I never find that good of stuff at Goodwill but I sure do try :)
xoxo
Lori

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy White Wednesday Sandi! I love your photos today ~ especially the frayed edges. I can only imagine what you'll create with that pocket!!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Nothing wrong with your pictures at all. Totally scrumptious!

Jill

Theresa Plas said...

Beautiful!!! So tranquil! Thanks for sharing and Happy White Wednesday:)

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Sandi,

You hit the mother lode of paper doilies! They are fun in so many projects - I hope you'll show us what you make in future postings!

Amanda

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I would never think to tea stain doilies. I really must give it a try. :) I could put them outside and they would probably dry up in seconds since it is near 115 or higher today. :/ Great stuff you found. Your bike with baskets is gorgeous. I think Lilly is a lovely name. The Farmers Market looked fabulous -- can't wait to visit some when we are in the States for the summer. My mom is in Millersburg so we will be in Ohio for a bit. Thanks for sharing your fabulous blooms. Best wishes, Tammy

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Sandi... oh my you have found inspiration and I am still searching.... They say the sun will shine this afternoon... That will help.

★Carol★ said...

The title of this post made me smile! You are definitely on doily overload! I love what you're doing with them, and I really can't wait to see what you're going to do with that skirt....
Happy White Wednesday!
Carol

Rebecca said...

LOVE that shabby skirt! The doilies are awesome! Happy White Wednesday!

BaCk pOrCh BLeSsiNgS,
Rebecca

Lady Pamela said...

I recently saw a blog where someone had used a vintage pocket in their mixed media project. Sorry, but I cannot find the link. I thought it would be fun for me to try it with paper.

vintagesue said...

yum...it is all yum. i love doily overload. that is so funny. i have a gazillion paper doilies. i love them. haven't thought about tea dying them. some i have are very old, but the newer ones might work well with a bath of tea. thanks for tip!!! my table and counter always have doilies and stuff on them too.
good luck.
sue

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Fun whites today! I can't wait to see what you do with the skirt!