Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Food and glitter don't mix...

I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins a couple days ago
in the same kitchen that I have been glittering in for days.
Last night hubby said, "What is crunchy in these muffins"...
"uhhh I don't have a clue...mine aren't crunchy"...
Sure glad I wasn't using glass glitter! LOL

Just had to show you these delicious macaroons...
You can pick up a whole container of these at *W* for
like $2.98 or something like that. I can inhale these
because I love coconut anything.
I am seriously thinking of buying some more and putting
them in pretty candy boxes for Christmas gifts.
No one will ever know that you didn't make them...
unless of course they ask for the recipe. :)

This is the extent of my Christmas decorating so far.
I did get some lights up outside too before it turns frigid.
I have my lights up earlier this year than ever.

This is tending to look a little messy...sorry. I made another
paper tree and had to show you the finished pair.
I just plunked them down on the buffet along with all
the other stuff that was already there and has been
for quite some time. I really need to do some redecorating.

Wishing I had a lot more silver candlesticks because
then I would make these cutie trees for gifts.
{For the *rest of the story* about these trees
see my post below this one}

Happy White Wednesday everyone. I know I am early this week,but tomorrow is a very busy day for me. Linking up with Kathleen over at Faded Charm again this week. Blessings~

13 comments:

Unknown said...

yikes! I've had things like that happen before, too, Sandi.

Don't forget my spool of thread ornies ...

I still love those trees!
Will call you soon ...
Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi, that is too funny about the glitter! I did something similar... I like to fold laundry on the bed... well, I forgot I had also spilled some glitter on the quilt on my bed... soon, Jack's underwear was all sparkly and I called him "glitterpants" tee hee hee... he didn't think it was funny... I did!... love your little trees, I am starting to decorate today too... those cookies look yummy!... xoxo Julie Marie

Angela said...

Yeah, when using glitter I wear it, eat it, pass it on to others...oh well, at least it's pretty!! Those macaroons sure look good. I think you may have started me on a new binge!

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Nothing wrong with adding sparkle to our life's... I have bits of mica laying around and they do tend to travel....

Ellen said...

Hi Ya' Sweet Sandi !!

Long time no bloggin'.. So have missed you and had to stop in and say hello as I caught up on your happenings. My you've been busy since I was last here! To bad we don't live closer, I'd love to go a' shoppin' and creating with you! Love the trees and love the glitter trim on them too!!! I'll have to borrow the idea about the macaroons too as it looks delicious and like a big time saver ;)
Thanks for sharing and for being you! Thanks too for the prayers and sweet thoughts- it's helping!

xoxox,
Ellen

Donna said...

So funny about the glitter! While I confine my glittering to my craft room, it seems to make it's way just about everywhere! Even hubby and our little dog are sparkly!:) Love your Christmas display!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

LOVE your trees...
I'll remember that glitter and food don't mix :)
Warmly,
deb

Lady Pamela said...

You are off to a great start for Christmas, Sandi. Way futher ahead than I am. The trees and spools are very cute.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Sandi, Your trees turned out beautiful! Thank you for sharing the link to Susanne's tutorial! I'm working on other kinds of trees right now but I will make some of those as well.
Have a lovely White Wednesday!
Hugs,
Julia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

The trees are looking just wonderful! Thanks for sharing the cookies (with no calories!)!!

sandy said...

I LOVE those trees! I went and found the tutorial to make some myself. I hope they look as good as YOURS!
Thanks for stopping by my blog also!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

sandy

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi Sandi,

Your Christmas decorations look gorgeous (even your paper trees!!! - I loved your last pos - you could just imagine they were in a strong wind!!).

I love Scrabble tiles so much. I made some Scrabble Tile Magnets a while ago which turned out so sweetly!

Here's the link if you have a moment.

Sarahx

aimee said...

the trees turned out great. even the drunk ones look pretty cute :)
blessings,
aimee