Friday, November 19, 2010

Say what...a mouse in my house???

now before you all run away screaming...at some point you
are going to have mice if you live in the country...
maybe even the city. However, I do not like mice in my
house!

I was so happy and had just been telling people that we
haven't had that problem for a long time which really
surprised me because of losing our cat a year or two
ago who was a great mouser.

I have had this vintage tin mitten garland for several years.
I am guessing at least 10 and maybe more. I have had them
stored under the bed in a box all that time and pull them
out each year for Christmas.

Guess what I found this year?? The mitten garland with
NO TALLOW BERRIES left on them! I was very
disappointed. Strange thing is we slept in that bed and
never heard a sound. Usually we can hear mice
and we take appropriate measures, but not this time.
I think they were practicing for Christmas...

"twas the night before Christmas and all through the house
not a creature was stirring... not even a mouse"...lol.

I do not use many fake flowers or greenery, but I did have
a swag of these berries that I got somewhere at some point
so I chopped off some of the berries and put them on my
forlorn looking mittens. I wish I had taken pictures when they
were all eaten off. They also had twine holding the berries
on and this time I opted for crinkled ribbon. I really think that it is time to remake the whole thing.
At one time the bay leaves were green and the nutmeg
did not have spots. UGH!! Yep time for a major makeover.

On another note I hit the *big city* all alone yesterday. Went to Home Goods , TJ Maxx, Target and JoAnn
Fabric. Drove 1 and 1/2 hours one way and was home
by 4 pm. Not too shabby. I had a mission and it got
accomplished in record time. HA! I will be sharing
my goodies soon and I am also gearing up for a
giveaway ! Stay tuned.
Blessings~

7 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi, so happy you were able to rescue those cute little mittens... I love Nature and all God's creatures, but I don't want mice inside! Sounds like you had a great shopping day... can't wait to see what all you bought... xoxo Julie Marie

Dorthe said...

Sandi,
we have had mice inside ,too-but my husbond have done all he could to close every mini hole,now :) sweet as they can be --I don`t want them in my home....
I love to se what you do with your mitens...
xo,Dorthe

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Tis the season.... We usually have at least one a year in the storage room... Never found how it come in but always have trap set in that room....

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Berry amusing! I have two working cats. Thank goodness! I do live in the country. Jacqueline

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love that mitten garland!! I do not want to think about mice...we had to battle them over the summer in our trailer. We are in the woods!!

Donna said...

Eeeew! I hate mice, too! In fact, I am petrified of them! Once in awhile it is inevitable that they make their way into our home. One year while unpacking Christmas decorations, I discovered that they had nibbled on some gingerbread boy & girl ornaments that my mom had made years ago. They were coated in bees wax to preserve them, but those little mice chewed right through the wax! Yuck! I love your garland, it's so pretty!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yikes! I've had many instances of a mouse in the house. Once a whole family of them.

My dad had brought back Vietnamese dolls from his tours of Vietnam as a Marine. The faces were made from eggshells and while they were packed away, little mice ate their faces away. I was very sad to find that they were destroyed.

Hope you are having a great weekend. :) Tammy