Sunday, August 28, 2011

Heavenly Scent Herb Farm Summer Faire

"Heavenly Scent Herb Farm is a unique and delightful place to visit. Housed in a 1910 barn painted to look like three European store fronts, the shop offers a variety of home decor items, candles, cement statuary, body care products, culinary spices and much more"...taken straight off of their website which you can find here.

Hubby and I visited our daughter and her family again this weekend and on the agenda for Saturday was the Heavenly Scent Herb Farm Summer Faire. It was fabulous!! I can’t believe this place is about 30 minutes away from her home and we have never been!! Now that we know where it is, we will definitely make this an annual event.

There were very talented artisans set up under huge white tents and I even got to meet fellow blogger/facebook friend Carol Richards Berger {Queenbe} I was thrilled to meet her and be able to chat with her for a bit.  She is one talented lady and had a booth full of amazing items.

This place was huge! So many places to walk and visit and take in all the beauty. Many statues were placed here and there over the grounds along with waterfalls, amazing flowers, curved walkways, a huge greenhouse and an equally huge barn that houses their amazing store. (that is for another post!)

I loved these walkways with trellis's and vines.





This was a neat waterfall on the property right beside where we ate lunch.

Hydrangeas were EVERYWHERE on this property and they were covered with huge blossoms!

I fell in love with this lady statue. I saw two of them in different places in the garden. This one is in a fairy garden.  Isn't she so pretty?


gorgeous waterfall fountain


Darling daughter posing for her mum:)


"The barn"...filled to the rafters with goodies and I mean FILLED!


Wish I had gotten a picture of the bicycle painted on the side of this barn. Amazing detail on these paintings.


dd once again...taking a stroll.




this curved staircase led to a huge greenhouse down below


love the details on the stonework and cement

There was a delicious lunch served on site by Savory Thymes Cafe. The menu choices included:


1. Grilled Chicken Quesadilla w/fresh salsa and cilantro

2. Michigan Salad w/grilled chicken, mixed greens,cherries,walnuts and blue cheese

3. Steve’s savory chicken salad croissant

4. Herb farm burger w/grilled vegetables & cheese

5. Melange of fresh fruit infused w/mint

6. Grilled fresh vegetables or cucumber apple slaw

7. Peach soup w/bluberries and mint

8. Decedent chocolate brownies

9. Gourmet cookie

10. Pop

11. Ice tea (ginger peach or blueberry)

12. Bottled water

13. Coffee

14. Chips
 
{I purchased and ate every bite of what is in bold letters! So yummy!!}


I will share more pictures in a few days.
Happy Sunday!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

what a lovely..lovely! oh my...so serene. a little bit of heaven on earth! tfS! :)

Irene said...

what an amazing post, and day. So glad you enjoyed it, as did I.

June said...

OH--MY--GOSH!!! I want to attend this faire someday Sandi. Absolutely amazing! Can you believe those gorgeous hydrangeas??? I do love that pretty statue too...and that fountain!!! Your photos of the faire are beautiful Sandi!
Your daughter is such a doll! I bet you two had a wonderful day together.

sending big hugs...

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

What a fantastic place, Sandi! I enjoyed the tour through that lovely garden very much. The lunch you had sounds delicious.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Julia
PS: Thank you for the pizza :-)!

QueenBe said...

Sandi, you have captured the magic of Heavenly Scents perfectly~ You really do need to re-discover the place when the summer faire is over, and soak in the peace and tranquility there. Thank you for your lovely compliments on my booth~ I'm SO glad to have met you and your daughter~~ Carol

Lady Pamela said...

Sandi - Your photos are beautiful. Are you using a different camera or taking classes ????
I love the angel. May I have your permission to print it? I would love a copy in my home.
*Hugs*

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Oh Sandi how wonderful!!
So happy you had fun with a fellow blogger!
Can't wait to see more!

Design Dork said...

Beautiful pictures!