Monday, January 14, 2013

Love of vintage maps and altered bottles ~


I started cleaning and sorting out my studio yesterday and so far I have made a big
mess in the dining room and the studio itself.  I intended to work on that again today,
but I decided that I wanted to work on altered bottles instead. They are one of my
favorite things to create and I love making each one unique.

You know where that leaves me right?? Yep, right in the middle of a big mess...
creating!


I acquired a stack of vintage maps quite some time ago and haven't done one thing
with them until now. I love the way this bottle turned out! There is pretty , sparkly,
glitter outlining the heart, but it is hard to see in this photo.

I was going to say, "I would swim an ocean for you", but I have yet to find the word
OCEAN in my zillions of papers and books. I may have to do it one letter at a time. :)


Again, in the spirit of the season here is another bottle to celebrate that day of
LOVE
that is coming up soon. I scanned an old poem that I have in my stash and printed it out.
 Someone has written the year 1911 on the back along with a sweet sentiment. Love it.


Up close and personal :)


Now , there is a story here. This bottle has been half done for months. Somehow it
just got shoved to the side { you never do that do you?? } and never finished, so
today was the day to get it finished.

I used genuine antique ledger paper {not scanned and copied} dated  1893. I don't
have much of that paper left, but I was smart enough to scan it before I used it all
 up. 


I have always loved this gorgeous lady print. I have made other bottles using this same
print. She is just too pretty!


I hope you enjoyed my bottles that I have been working on today. I am so far behind
on many things. Maybe I can actually get my mess cleaned up tomorrow, but then...
there is also the possibility that I may just get the urge to keep playing...:)

{two large bottles will sell for 21.99 each and the smaller map bottle
will sell for 15.99. If interested just shoot me an email. Thank you.}

9 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Those are sooo beautiful Sandi!... especially love the pretty lady on the last one... you do such exquisite work!... xoxo Julie Marie

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Just lovely Sandi. Nothing wrong with a little mess when it results in these pretties. :)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your bottles are beautiful!

Amy Kinser said...

Your bottles are beautiful. I love old maps and yours look great on these bottles.

Createology said...

Your altered bottles are blissful. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh, these are beautiful! I especially like the last one. What a talent you have!!!
Debbie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love these Sandi!
I still adore the one you made for me!

Faded Charm said...

I Love all your bottles, Sandi! I have some that i need to alter for my upcoming show and I'm running out of time. You have just inspired me to get off my butt and get going:-)

thanks,
Kathleen

BECKY said...

Wow Sandi! These bottles are just sooo lovely! They definitely have your special touch all over them!

The map is a cool idea, and I love what you did with it!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs,
Becky