Sunday, April 24, 2011

A little indulgence

Lemon Poppyseed Bread
that I made yesterday and took to my parents
house today for Easter dinner. So yummy and
everyone loved it.
Three tiny pieces left. :)

{My daughter helped me make candied violas to add to it
for decoration}

Lemon Poppyseed Bread 1 pkg. lemon cake mix 1 pkg. lemon instant pudding 4 eggs 1 cup water 1/4 cup oil 2 tablespoons poppyseeds Mix all-together with mixer on medium speed for
4 minutes. Pour in 3 ungreased 1 lb. coffee cans.
Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not underbake.
Enjoy!
{I make it exactly like this and never have had it turn
out wrong. I put everything in the kitchenaid mixing
bowl and let it do it's thing.
Yes the amount of poppyseeds is right.
It seems like a lot , but it is perfect.}

{ I orignally found this recipe somewhere for a "tea" .
I have never used the 3 lb coffee cans , but used loaf
pans and I don't remember how many loaf pans it
takes}

Let me know if you try it...

Blessings~

7 comments:

Julie Marie said...

That looks delish Sandi!... mmmmm... hope you had a beautiful Easter... xoxo Julie Marie

Vicki Boster said...

This is just beautiful - and the recipe looks wonderful! I might just have to "indulge!"

Thanks Sandi-
Vicki

Irene said...

I make this too, love it. and love your pan.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Looks delicious! Also so pretty as a flower.~Blessings Kim

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Mmmm...it looks so pretty I'd hate to cut into it!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Wow! That is beautiful and sounds delish, too! I need to try your recipe!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Bohemian said...

If this tastes even half as wonderful as it looks... it must be positively amazing!
Your Family is fortunate to have a loved one with such culinary talents.
Dawn... The Bohemian