Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Flat for rent and a WINNER!

First of all I HAVE to add a disclaimer. The lighting here was so awful when I took these pictures,
but I didn't have a choice so I had to settle.  Whew...got that out of the way. Now on to fun stuff. :)

I decided it was time for a major redo on my long kitchen shelf and this is what I came up with.
I would love your opinions. Sometimes when I get something finished I really like it until I
look at the pictures over and over and then I wonder. ha!!

zinc pots from Belgium aren't just for planting anymore...

I always have to add candles in some form because I love candles.

This is on the other side of the window. {the long shelf is on the left hand side
and this is on the right. I know kinda lopsided, but is is what it is}
I added these towels to a candle sconce.   Guess what Sandi managed to do after this
photo was taken?? Yep , that's right. Can't leave well enough alone. I was messing
around with the sconce and some of the melted wax dripped down on my towel.
I was not a happy camper, but not surprised at all that I did that. :)

I found the flat for rent sign when I went antiquing last week. Love it!
So is this display a keeper or is the window too long for the shelf??


I bet you are wondering what this is all about?? No??  You scrolled clear down to the bottom before you
even read the post, didn't you?? I know !! I have done that before too and then went back up and read the
whole post. It is okay...you are forgiven. lol.

Julie of eab designs
  you are the winner of the Shabby Apple dress so contact me with your info and I will get
the ball rolling so to speak.

Hoping you all had a wonderful Valentines day. I sure did and I am very thankful for a hubby who
adores and spoiles me. Yes, he does spoil me. I know that and I am very blessed!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Julie. Lucky gal.

Love the sign, perfect where it is.

Hope your dinner at Olive Garden was fab & romantic. Thought of you, sweetie.

Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Irene said...

Have a wonderful day, love the shelf and the Flat for Rent sign. I hope you let that was dry, pop it into the fridge and when it gets really hard, peel it off. congrats to the winner of that cute dress.

julie - eab designs said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited Sandi. I have never won anything before. I love the dress and was so happy to be introduced to the Shabby Apple. I'm sure I'll be shopping there in the future as I love their collections. Thank you so much. Also, I love the window on your shelf and especially the zinc pots and mercury glass candlesticks (a favorite of mine!)

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Sandi, Your shelf looks great! I love the window, the sign and everything else.
Hugs,
Julia

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I think it all looks beautiful and its a keeper. I had to laugh when I read about the wax dripping on the towel--sounds like something I would do!

hong kong property said...

congratulations to julie!!<3

Faded Charm said...

I think your shelf looks wonderful!!! Can I ask where you got your zinc pots? I've been looking for some.

xoxo
Kathleen

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

I love the vignette. Wouldn't change a thing. Congrats to Julie on winning the dress!

Hugs,
Judy

Pleuntje said...

I love all the things on the kitchen shelf. I really do.
Love Petra

Deborah said...

You have some beautiful pieces, your shelf looks amazing :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Anonymous said...

congrats to lucky Julie!

Great display! I'd love to have a long shelf like that and I think the window fits fine. ♥

The Altered Bee said...

Great composition! Love the whole thing, especially the sign and the window.

Susie said...

I like the shelf and all that you have added. It looks very pretty, with your new sign:):) xo, Susie

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is a great look! The zinc is terrific. If you have any wax left in your fabric you can iron it completely out by placing the fabric between two brown paper sacks. Go over it with a warm iron until the paper absorbs all the wax. Then wash. Like it was never there!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... love it all!... especially the "flat for rent" sign!... congratulations to your winner!... (love her name!)... xoxo Julie Marie

bj said...

I really like your FLAT sign....so cute.
xo bj

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Yesterday I received sweet wishes and a little note from you...thank you so much... I also had started Valentines for special friends and with not feeling feel for a couple weeks didn't have enough inspiration to finish....I hope creating will come again soon... Hope you also are feeling better....I have even had a hard time finding things to post.. I have just been reading and staying quiet but I really need to start moving....I think I am beginning to take on the shape of my love seat...Sending best wishes and many blessings wished for you...