Friday, February 17, 2012

A special day ~

 I made these luscious cupcakes for Valentine's Day and shared some with my son and
 his family .  That is the advantage of living close to your mother...you get goodies on
 holidays!!
He has jokingly said that they can never move for this reason alone. :)

I added cake sparkles and little heart picks to make them extra pretty.
White chocolate cupcakes with raspberry frosting. I am bummed though because
I also bought fresh raspberries to add to the top for garnish and I totally forgot!!
That happens when you get older...the forgetting I mean. :)

Hubby brought these flowers to me along with chocolate truffles for the big day.
We ended up going out to eat at Applebees and it was soooo good! We have never
ate out on *the day of love* because I figure it is always too busy and we would have
to wait an hour. We only had to wait maybe 20 minutes. The decor was so pretty.
A huge pink and red balloon arch when you walked in,  light pink tulle strung with
lights inside up near the ceiling, candles, hearts hanging down from the ceiling on ribbon.
 It was really very nice!


{I had three cheese bruschetta penne pasta with grilled chicken and hubby indulged in
bourbon steak with blackened shrimp}



A little tidbit to share...
My son and his wife were going to eat at Red Lobster in the same town as us
 but we arrived much sooner than they did. We ate our meal and then went to Hobby
Lobby. When we got out of the store I noticed I had five or six missed text messages on
 my phone.
{I had put it on silent mode while in the restaurant and forgot to change it back}

Son had wanted to know if we could put their name in at Red Lobster because there
was an hour wait. So we went to Red Lobster and did that for them and when they arrived
we pulled out of the parking space and they pulled in.
That is family teamwork!! lol {they also got their cupcakes from me then}


We shopped at Sears and walked the mall and then headed home. I then
texted him and asked how the lovebirds were doing and he said
"We just got our food"...that was about 8:45 pm or so.


All in all though it was a wonderful evening .


I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating with the ones you love.
If we had more love in this world wouldn't things be so much better? :)

{In looking back over these photos I do believe that the outside of my window
needs washed. Sorry 'bout that! I will get right on it. *smile*}

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely bouquet & luscious looking cupcakes. Now where is that recipe for white chocolate cupcakes, my friend! Hmmmmm?

Team work is perfect, & I'll bet they were thrilled with their deelish dessert.

We had a nice dinner out also, but it was a big decision talk also ... just made us stronger.

My crocus are blooming & I just found the primroses dressed in colors ...

Have a beautiful weekend, Sandi ~
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Everything looks so special and wonderful! A lovely day you all had too! The cupcakes and flower photos are gorgeous :)

Ironstone and Pine said...

your pictures are beautiful.....i could really go for one of those cupcakes, YUM

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

The valentine cupcakes look amazing and the flowers you got from your husband were beautiful. It looks like a day to remember.


Jody

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Beautiful photography of both the cupcakes and flowers!

Pleuntje said...

It was very nice to read your story. We also had a great diner together and we had never done that before .
It was a surprise from my husband. Love Petra

julie - eab designs said...

As I was reading your post and came across the last picture with the cupcakes I knew right away I was going to leave a comment on how much I loved that picture. It looked like it was snowing outside. Then when I read your comment about washing the window, it made me laugh. It's still a beautiful shot, even if it's not snow! lol

Miss Gracie's House said...

Sounds like a fun time...i get the cheese penne *every* time we go to applebee's...yummy!
You do have that in writing? That your son won't move away?!
Rene

Susie said...

Beautiful photos Sandi. That was sweet what your son said about living near by:):)Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

Jillayne said...

The cupcakes look fabulous! I love raspberries but have never had raspberry icing - something new to try!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Those cupcakes look so yummy and they obviously have a hold over your son!

Flowers are lovely Sandi and am so glad you had a nice evening!