Sunday, February 12, 2012

Above all else...

guard your heart.

{a favorite scripture verse that speaks to my heart}

I'm so in love, every time I look at you my soul gets dizzy.
~Jaesse Tyler

I climbed up the door and opened the stairs,
Said my pajamas and put on my prayers,
Then I turned off the bed and crawled into the light
All because you kissed me goodnight!
~Author Unknown

I found this Paris postcard in my antiquing adventure last week for a whopping $1.00. It is a souvenir
postcard stamped 1944. I was delighted to run across it along with another one in color.

The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay
love isn't love  'til you give it away.


Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.
 ~Author unknown
This is my very favorite fragrance at the moment.

Paris Amour

{It can be found at Bath and Body}

"Paris Amour...a beautiful blend of French tulips, apple blossoms and
sparkling pink champagne, inspired by a romantic stroll through
 the streets of Paris.

It is that time of year you know...the special day of love is creeping up on us fast.
The day that we celebrate the ones we love.

I can't even begin to guess how many $$$ worth of candy and flowers
are purchased on this day and let's not forget the special dinners out.
{that is what I am looking forward to if I get over this bug}

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day celebrating with
everyone that you love.

I have grand intentions of making cupcakes or cookies to share with the ones I
love, but first I need to get over this awful cold or that will not happen.
{I certainly don't want to bake germs up and send them on their way to my
loved ones}

I will leave you with many wishes for love in your life and this quote:
You know you're in love when you don't want
to fall asleep because reality is finally better
than your dreams.
~Dr. Seuss

{If you haven't entered my giveaway for a FREE dress from Shabby Apple be sure and
do that! You can click here to get to that post. I will draw a winner on Valentines day}





17 comments:

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love the heart with the carte postale stamp. I have that stamp, too and it is by far my favorite one to use!
My favorite lotion ever since it launched in the summer of 2011 has been the Paris Amour from B&BW. I layer it with Nina and people always ask me what I have on. My favs! Love your photos!

~Shanon

Pleuntje said...

beatifull heart with the carte postale stamp. I also say on the internet very nice stamps from : cling

its called: greetings from Paris.
Ik think you will love that.
And ofcourse I love the bibleverse.

I wish you a very lovely valentinesday.
Love Petra

Unknown said...

Oh, sweet friend, get well quickly. Hate to see you down.

Love the postcard & your presentation. Beautiful quotes to set off your share.
You have such a soft warm loving way of creating your lovelies.

Happy Valentine's ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

andrea@townandprairie said...

Beautiful French inspired vignettes! Love the little frog used as a card holder. Beautiful! andrea@townandprairie

julie - eab designs said...

Lovely photos! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a pretty post! Happy valentines day Sandi.

xo,
Danielle

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Sandi,
There I was, just blog hopping and chanced upon your gorgeous blog. I have been going back a bit and got happier with each click. Thanks for sharing such sweet valentine's thoughts.
Following you!
Patti

Bliss said...

Hope you can get over your cold because I know you want to bake those goodies, and I'm quite sure your family wants you to bake them too!

~Bliss~

Susie said...

Sandi, This post is so pretty. I love the poems.:):) all your photos are beautiful. Smiles to you, xoxo, Susie(She Junks)

Irene said...

What a wonderful post. I love your postcard and your quotes. Get better. I feel not so good too. I'll be making brownies, and chicken and potato. No going out for us, I just can't justify the expense. I'm a better cook than anywhere we go, so there you go. Arrogant aren't I?

BECKY said...

What a fun post, Sandi! Just love it, and all of your lovely photos!! Especially love the Bible verse on the heart!!

Have a wonderful week!
Hugs n joy!!
Becky

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Sandi these pictures are absolutely beautiful!!! Love what you've put together!

Donna said...

Such beautiful pictures you took and shared with us! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Seems we haven't been posting as much due to colds... Hope you are doing better... I seem to be getting better but have not been doing much....allot of sitting quiet and reading... Happy Valentines Day

Anonymous said...

The postcards are a treasure,great pictures

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Beautiful sentiments and photos Sandi! You've got Paris on your mind. :)
Happy Valentine's Day, and I hope you feel better soon.

Gail Peterson said...

Really beautiful.. Thanks for sharing... Love Guard your heart... so true isn't it...
Happy Valentines Day!
xo,
Gail
casualloveselegance