Sunday, February 26, 2012

The French Laundry

We spent the weekend with our daughter and her family at their home in Burton, Michigan.
We heard that our area could possibly get four to six inches of heavy , wet snow so we
opted to leave after hubby got home from work on Thursday instead of waiting until Friday
evening.  When Friday rolled around she took us to a charming little place called
THE FRENCH LAUNDRY
in Fenton, Michigan for lunch.

We got there at the perfect time, before the place was all filled up so I was able to sit at my table
and capture the wonderful atmosphere with my camera.

I loved all the chalkboards that they used and thought the "Headlines" was a unique feature on one of the
boards.

This was MY lunch and I am here to tell you that this was the most delicious salad ever!!
I think it was called "the Bohemian". It has lettuce, chicken salad, mandarin oranges, strawberries and
cashews along with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. As you can see they did not skimp on anything! I
ordered a small size and I am sure my mouth dropped open when the waiter handed it to me.
It was huge! :) 

This was my 12 year old granddaughters lunch. Not exactly what kind of soup or sandwich , but she
loved it!

They also had quite an extensive wine list...

...but being a non alcoholic drinker , I opted for water with
fresh lemon which is what I get most of the time.
I also purchased two of these glasses for moi. :)
 I figure it I can't get to France, I will bring it home with me.

I took this photo right before we stepped inside and it was really snowing and blowing. Big huge
snowflakes. :) I am sure glad we got there when we did because when we left there were gobs of
people waiting for tables.  Obviously it is "the place to be". :)

I snagged this photo and the one below off of their facebook site so you could get a much better view of this
wonderful place. We left here and walked to a little chocolate store and indulged in a few sweet treats.
All in all it was a great day. :)

Here is the addy in case you are interested:

The French Laundry Café and Market
125 West Shiawassee Avenue
Fenton, MI 48430-2005
(810) 629-8852


14 comments:

andrea@townandprairie said...

BOTH of those lunches looked amazing! This place is on my list next time we're up in Michigan! andrea@townandprairie

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Looks like a great place for lunch and nice photos. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog and leaving a message.

Faded Charm said...

Looks like such a lovely place and you salad looks so scrumptious!!!

Hope you had a wonderful trip:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

What a charming place, Sandi! I love those mismatching tables and chairs. The food looks delicious.
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Julia

Custom Comforts said...

Looks like a wonderful place to have lunch and that soup looks divine. So glad we didn't get your snow down here in Ohio ~ just a cold and very windy weekend for us.
Cindy

julie - eab designs said...

I could dive right into little bowl of soup. Looks so delicious and comforting. Love all of the potted urns too.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Oh Sandi that place looks so cute!
Love how they've used vintage decor!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandi! What a charming place! Your photos are wonderful!! Looks just like the cute cafes in Paris!

xo

:) T

Susie said...

Sandi, I would love to have lunch there. What a sweet place. I am sending the address to my daughter in bristol...maybe she could go there one day. Glad you enjoyed yourself. xoxo, Susie

Barbara Jean said...

sweet place!!

blessings
barbara jean

Heaven's Walk said...

What a darling place, Sandi! That food looks scrumptious!!! I'm so glad that you had a fun time this weekend and made it home again safely. :)

xoxo laurie

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

How fun to go to a new place! That salad looks yummy! Love the large planters out front in the summertime photo.

~Shanon

Bliss said...

Wouldn't you just love to help out with the shopping for a place like that.... head out and snag deals on all sorts of mismatched tables and chairs. Then, after shopping get to EAT there!!!

~Bliss~

QueenBe said...

You were about 5 miles from my house when you were at the Laundry. It's a favorite of mine~ Love the post!!