Friday, August 28, 2009

Hydrangeas ~

Thursday I went outside to snap some photos of my beautiful
fall hydrangeas
If someone had been driving by
they would have wondered
what in the world is that woman doing
contorting her body like that. {lol}
I was bent all different directions to get different shots ,
standing up,
squatting down,
leaning over...
but isn't that half the fun of photography...I think so ~
strawberries and cream~ {I made up the name because of the color}
lime sherbet~
{another made up name}
Hydrangeas are my favorite fall flower and
I adore them ~ This is a peegee hydrangea bush. The flowers start out a
creamy/light green color and then turn from light green to pink.
When I cut them and bring them in the house
I just stick them in a vase and they dry exactly how they are. I don't put any water in the vase. But I will say from my experience over the years, you have to
pick them at just the right time when the petals almost have a
leathery feel to them or they will wilt when you bring them in.
In the house they will eventually turn a light tan as they dry.

Enjoy my lucious fall hydrangeas
Blessings~

15 comments:

stefanie said...

they are soooooo beautiful, have you ever dried them?

Anonymous said...

Your Hydrangeas are beautiful. What color... Almost like I can touch them!!
I just posted a HUGE Give Away on my Blog! Come on over & leave a comment to enter!!
Hugs,
Marilyn

Lenore said...

LOVE the hydrangeas.....I haven't seen these colors before...maybe because we live in a warm climate.

Splendid Little Stars said...

I believe that is the "limelight" variety. I was just reading about it. beautiful! love your names! I am growing 2 varieties of hydrangeas at present. I remember them fondly from my childhood summers at the beach.

June said...

I do love hydrangeas, dried and fresh!!! Yours are gorgous and your photos divine. I love your new banner.
Hugs,
June

blushing rose said...

Anytime, Sandi, my friend, you want to send me a slip of that hydrangea ... I'm here waiting. IT IS AWESOME!

So how are all the other things, coming along well?

Have a great weekend, my friend. TTFN ~ Marydon

Splendid Little Stars said...

I love how delicious your tomato recipe sounds! My friend cooked hers for 10 minutes; I added another 5. I will definitely make yours.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Those SO remind me of my grandmother!
Rene'

Unknown said...

What we do for a good shot, ha?! Your hydrangeas are stunning! Mine didn't bloom all that well this year...big disappointment. Have a wonderful weekend!

:) T

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Love the pictures of your garden. Very creative names~lol. I think I would like a scoop of strawberries & cream icecream...mmm hmm yep!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi dear! Well done! These are blushing so beautifully! Blessings.

Patricia said...

Such beautiful photos of the hydrangeas. The shades are so pale and delicate.

Anonymous said...

Oh I like the strawberries and cream one best! ♥

JamaGenie said...

Hydrangeas are my favorite too. These are gorgeous! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

They are absolutely beautiful Sandi! I love them dried just as much as fresh. I have never planted them but when we buy a house I plan on filling my garden with them ;)