Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Treasures ~

{I am supposed to be sewing breast feeding covers
for my daugher right now, but I am taking a break}
Shh...don't tell her ~

When hubby and I went to the B and B last week we stopped
at a few places to check out the goodies~
I have been looking for some coasters for my
livng room and found these at Hobby Lobby~ We stopped at a antique store on the way that I love to visit from time to time. Sadly they were going out of business and the day we stopped was the last day. Everything was 70% off! I got the bowls above for 60 cents each~ These baskets were also 70% off...paid 3.88 and 1.78 for them. What a steal! I thought the regular prices were cheap~
More bottles to alter and another tiny metal basket for
merely a song~
Love these photos and bling.
Didn't pay much for these either~
I intended to go to the large antique mall at Shipshewana
on the way home and the day we stopped they also had
this flea market outside on the lawn. Many many pretties!
We were kinda pressed for time so I didn't stay long,
but it was fun.

Have a wonderful day! Blessings~

4 comments:

Kim said...

Great finds Sandi. Will look forward to seeing how you give the bottles a beauty makeover.

Doesn't it make you sad when you see an antique store closing? More and more of them seem to be closing all the time. Even here where I live in the suburbs of Minneapolis, 3 stores I visited frequently have closed in the past 6 months and the way things are going, I'm sure they won't be the last. Sad days for someone who enjoys antiquing as much as I do.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Great finds... love the old photos and bling..

Joyce's Journey said...

You did great! Your altered bottles will be beautiful. You've made some very pretty ones. Anxious to see what you come up with. Have fun!!

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Oh, my heart beats faster just looking at these - I especially love the little metal basket. So darling.