Thursday, November 12, 2009

Recent Goodwill and Thrift Finds~

Don't you just love a goodwill or thrift store hunt? I fear it is in my blood to stay.
I found both of these new pillows at the Goodwill.
The green one has a down pillow form inside.
I intended to iron the bow on the
ivory linen pillow, but didn't get that done yet.
love them~
The ivory linen pillow has a flap and then ties...
too sweet~ I found this brown transferware bowl recently at a thrift store. The buttons inside came from an antique store and were very inexpensive I might add~ I also love linen skirts. This one will be a favorite ~
A large fleur- de- lis metal cone ~
I have been looking for some of these old spools to wind
lace on and found them Monday at the grand opening.
{sorry for the camera glare}

Oh my goodness!! No carts in site
when I got there so I carried a basket around
that got rather heavy. I went up to the front
periodically to check on a cart and never did
get one. The lines were soooooo long !
I didn't bother to look at the clothes that day
because it was just too busy!
I stopped yesterday after visiting my mom
and found the linen pillow and skirt.
Yay!! What have you found recently at the Goodwill
or thrift store?

Blessings~

18 comments:

Betty said...

I really like all your finds...so many treasures just waiting to be found!!!!

I've found many lately but just haven't gotten around to blogging about them....

Blessings...Betty

SharDon Exclusives said...

I love the metal cone and the pillows and the buttons. In fact I love it all! Good bargains are always a treasure but these are exceptional...
Congrats!
Sharon

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Seems thrift stores get extra busy this time of the year... I haven't been to any stores....

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Love your goodwill finds...I have posted mine a few times too...it is so fun! A true treasure hunt!

stefanie said...

i am addicted, it is like a treasure hunt, you found great items!!

Ticking and Toile said...

what awesome goodies! I am really in love with creamy old buttons right now! And brown transferware..oh my...how I love that stuff. The last piece I saw at an antique store was over $125 (for a pitcher). beautiful post!

Shellagh

Tammy said...

Wow your Goodwill is wayyy nicer than ours. They are all great deals that you got.

tammy

June said...

Sandi you found some great stuff! I love the skirt. I found the most amazing caned settee the other day at a thrift store. New upolstery and painted white (of course)and it will be a looker. Hey I have that floral throw too.
Hugs,
June

Janet Happy Girl said...

I love your goodies you found....

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

What nice treasures! Good for you. There's nothing like picking through a bunch of "stuff" to find some goodies just ready to take home. ; )
~Michele

Lorajean said...

your blog is lovely and I's be glad if you posted the green Christmas collage.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

All your finds are fantastic! The pillows look so great together. And the wooden spools, buttons and brown transferware -- wonderful stuff! We have a Friday souk around here where you can find used items -- but nothing like the consignment and thrift stores in the States. Blessings to you, :) Tammy

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Love your pillows, Sandi. I also like the transfer ware bowl. I'm going to have to check out our local stores (we have more than a few around here!)
xoxo
Donna

Deanna Joy said...

Lovely finds, Sandi! I finally made it to our new Goodwill store yesterday...right while they were unloading a truck...woo hoo! LOL I scored a cool round coffee table that swivels, a white chippy (turquoise and green showing through) wash stand (I think..LOL) with some cute detail and trim work, seven Staffordshire Bouquet (by Johnson Bros.) pattern bowls, four cream soup plates (exactly like some Mom had) and four gold crushed velvet cloth napkins. I LOVE thrift stores!!!

Barbara Jean said...

Great finds Sandi!!

blessings
barbara jean

Lady Pamela said...

You know what would be absolutely fun? If you and I could go thrifting together. Maybe someday. Wonderful treasures dear friend.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I always love to see what you have found - we love the same things!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my.....I LOVE alllll of it...so sweet.

Warm blessings,
Spencer