Sunday, January 2, 2011

Striving this year to be...

...a little more kind,
a little more friendlier, and
a little more loving.

...a little more understanding of others,
a little less judgemental,
and a lot more creative!

Speaking of friendly... Was I ever surprised to open my mailbox last Thursday and find a package for me from my bloggy friend Irene . She made this angel from a beautiful white flower and sent her all the way from Canada to little ole' me here in the frozen tundra of Michigan. Isn't she beautiful?? Thank you so much Irene!! Praying that each and every one of you will have a wonderful new year and that when trials do come {and truthfully we know that they will} that you will always look to the One who sticks closer than a brother.

{ I know I told you there wouldn't be any more tree pictures,

but it was the perfect place for my angel}

Blessings~

11 comments:

Irene said...

I'm so glad you like your angel. Must make one for me, someday. All the best for the New Year Sandi.

Vicki Boster said...

Absolutely beautiful- what a clever idea- such a treasured gift! Sandi- you already are all of those things- that's why we all love you so much--
Vicki

Sandy said...

I love your sentiments for the new year, we could all use a healthy dose of kindness. Love your new angel, so pretty. I hope your new year is everything you hope and desire it to be!

Passionate for White said...

How very nice of Irene to make you such a beautiful angel... thanks for sharing her with us!

Julie Marie said...

Hello Sandi... your angel is just beautiful and how kind of Irene to send her to you...honestly, I don't think you could be any kinder, nicer or sweeter than you already are my friend... xoxo Julie Marie

Donna said...

What a beautiful angel, Sandi! How nice your friend is! I hope you have a wonderful New Year!! Keep warm and cozy:)

Victoria said...

What a sweet surprise that is! Happy New Year and I love your resolutions:)

Sheila said...

Me too... Happy New Year!

Smiles,
Sheila

Custom Comforts said...

Very pretty Sandi! What a lovely gift and a lovely post.
Happy New Year!
Cindy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

She must think you are an angel just like I do!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift from your friend, Sandi! The angel is beautiful!
I think those are good things for everyone to strive for... not just now, but always.
Wishing you all the best in 2011, my friend!
xoxo,
Jo :)