Monday, August 26, 2013

Digging in the archives...


"Grandma, I found a princess dress!!" 

"You found a princess dress?"

"YES, can I wear it?"

"I really like this princess dress"...



pretty shoes and toenails for a pretty little princess 


even pretty fingernails... 


"Look what else I found!! "

{there are many treasures to be find at gmas house!! } 


"this is so pretty Grandma"... 


"I can do it myself"... 


YAY...success...with just a little help. :) 


" Can I wear some of these too?"

"No , sweetie "

"WHY NOT??"

"because you don't have holes in your ears"...lol 


"okay, I will wear this pretty necklace"... 


Thus went the conversation a few years ago when a younger Annika was visiting me for awhile. I remember it like it was yesterday, but I had no clue what she was talking about...a princess dress???
When I went upstairs with her and saw the dress , I said ,

"YES, and we MUST take some pictures!"

You see this was MY DRESS when I was a wee lass 50 + years ago. I was probably about Annika's age when I wore it.  My sweet Annika is now six years old so she no longer fits in the dress, but I must try it on her little sister Ainsley and get photos also.

How fun to travel back to years ago all because of a dress and my sweet little granddaughter.

{These photos were taken a few years ago also and as such aren't the best quality, but I still wanted to share them with you}

Happy Monday!!

5 comments:

Lady Pamela said...

Sweet little girl. I have 5 grandsons and no girls. (yet) lol
How are you and DH feeling? Better I hope.
*Hugs*

Irene said...

What fun!

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Sandi... how adorable!... what a beautiful little Princess... and I just know they think you are the most wonderful grandma in the world... xoxo Julie Marie

Irene said...

That is indeed a princess dress. It is also magical, it can turn a beautiful little girl into your own princess. Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures

Donna said...

It is a happy time when new memories and old memories meld together. She sure is a cutie!