Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer flowers









I am sharing my beautiful summer phlox with you today. I just love these flowers, but they do not last long as cut flowers. Their dainty petals seem to drop fast so I have to shoot them while I can.  Didn't have great lighting this day so I gave up rather quickly...therefore kinda redundant pictures. sorry. Did you notice that the petals in the first photo still have the morning dew on them? :)

I went to part of the *worlds longest garage sale* today and came home so tired. Didn't really go that far either. I think that is showing my age. ugh. I scored an amazing chippy white table with a light blue top for $20! I am thrilled and will be showing it to you soon!  Happy Summer everyone! It is flying by so enjoy it while you can. :)

Linking to Fishtail Cottage Garden Party today. You can click here to view it.

10 comments:

julie - eab designs said...

Gorgeous flowers Sandi! I thought phlox only bloomed in the spring. I'll have to see about planting some summer ones here. :)

Tricia said...

These are so pretty! Such dainty little petals. For some reason, I always thought phlox were a springtime flower...love these!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Beautiful pictures, Sandi! The flowers are so pretty and I love the zinc container.
Your chippy table find sounds wonderful.
Happy weekend!
Hugs,
Julia

Faded Charm said...

Beautiful photos and blooms! I've always wanted to see this World's Longest Garage Sale....I can't even imagine. Maybe someday I'll get to that part of the country:-)

Hope you are enjoying Summer.

xoxo
Kathleen

Antonella said...

Bellissime foto!

Julie Marie said...

Your Phlox are just beautiful Sandi!... yes... Summer is going by soo fast... Autumn is my very favorite time of year, but I do want Summer to linger a bit longer... can't wait to see your chippy table... xoxo Julie Marie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I feel like I just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers!!
Makes up for not getting to go to the world's longest yard sale!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Stunning photos of your phlox, and such pretty colours too.

Sue Kosec said...

Absolutely breathtaking. You are a good gardener and a very good photographer! Wahoo - seems like a win/win in this case.
kosec@sbcglobal.net

Floral Bow said...

Flowers play an important role in making the life of a human being more cheerful and happy. Thanks for sharing such beautiful photographs....!