Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I picked them just for you!


I went outside this morning to do some not so glamorous things {take out the trash, dump the garbage etc.} and picked a few of my remaining flowers that are fast fading away into oblivion.

Pink hollyhocks, fairy rose and a purple weed/flower that is found all along the roadsides here in Michigan. I did notice that the stems of this weed/flower are covered with little tiny bugs so I only brought three stems inside to use.


I try to squeeze out every last ounce of pink flower love that I can before fall hits. *smile* 


What about you? Are your flowers fast fading away ?

The nights are turning cooler , but the days are still HOT and HUMID here. I think we are getting the summer now that we didn't get in July and the beginning of August. I am so over any hot and humid weather, even though we really didn't get as much as we usually get this year. I am one happy camper! 


Yep, this is one girl who is not crazy at all for hot weather. I am not a beach or sun girl either. I never did like to lay in the sun. My sister and I are polar opposites. She LOVES the sun , sand and water and I would rather stay away from it. Don't get me wrong, I like to dip my feel in the ocean or sit on a pier dangling my legs over the edge, but it rarely happens and I am okay with that.   Gods beauty is all around me no matter where my eyes happen to wander in my little corner of the world. 


The prairie weeds/flower. I know these have a name , but I just can't think of it right now.

Praying you all have a lovely Wednesday and rest of the week!

Via Pinterest today:

It's Wednesday.
I'm breathing.
I'm alive.
I'm blessed.
God is good! 

12 comments:

Betty said...

I love your flowers and the pretty silver vase.

Julie Marie said...

Hello Sandi... your beautiful weeds (I call them wildflowers) are Chicory... we have them all over here too and I love them... my own gardens are beat in this heat... can't wait for Autumn to get here sooner... love you, xoxo Julie Marie

Julie Marie said...

Meant to tell you how gorgeous ALL of your photos are!...

Irene said...

Love your pink and blue flowers. Those pesky bugs should stay at the roadside. I love them too, just not the bugs. My flowers are fast dwindling too, I could use a little more summer though.

andrea@townandprairie said...

Just loving that spray of violet whatever all across that field! So delicate.

andrea@townandprairie said...

Just loving that spray of violet whatever all across that field! So delicate.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I feel blessed every time I get to look at your beautiful photos!!
Oh...I am a summer girl for sure!

Susie said...

Sandi, Our flowers are fading fast. The black eyed susans are dying out no matter how much I water or fertilize them. I love your vignette...you know I am crazy for that little picket fence...too sweet.xoxo,Susie

Donna said...

Those flowers are chicory, Sandi. The native Americans would grind their dried roots into a powder and make a coffee like drink.
Your bouquet is so pretty! And I am in love with your flower frog collection! The one with the little birdie is just too sweet! I am so ready for cooler temps and fall!!

hong kong property said...

such pretty flowers:)

SarahGeorge said...

Wonderful bouquet dear Sandi. Lovely picture of the weed flowers. I'm happy I too learned its name through the previous comments:)

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Sandi, thank you for your beautiful visit and of course the flowers you picked for me :)

Any flowers from your beautiful flowers are welcomed.

Thank you for again a beautiful visit from you.
Xx
Doré