Sunday, August 18, 2013

Moving Day


This weekend was very busy for us as we helped our son and his family move into this gorgeous home! They are first time home owners and they were very excited. I am thrilled for them also...isn't this a beauty???!!!


I fell in love with their back yard and their cottage style garage!! It is just beautiful and I am in
L.O.V.E.


The beautiful view from the back 


I was taking a photo and who appeared in my camera lens by chance?? This little stinker!! lol   Our granddaughter Annika.  


I was amazed by this beautiful chimney and the gorgeous windows. No details were spared in the building of this home even though it was many years ago. 


Don't you just love this little garage? The door is tri fold I believe and it needs a little work, but is definitely worth working on.  


Side of the cottage garage 


Another view of the backyard 


I love their front entryway and did you notice the place for a flag between the columns and up a little higher?
LOVE IT! 


There's our Natey...so happy for him...them!! 


Obviously I got carried away adding photos of the back yard area...oops. :) 


I would spend  a  little time hours on this swing every single day !!


Son backing up the moving trailer. He repeated this process a few times. lol. 


Sweet little granddaughter Ainsley 


This is what you see when you enter the front door!! So much character and potential for this amazing home. They want to remove the carpet and from a quick peek that my daughter-in-law and I took,  it appears that there is hardwood underneath!! Hoping and praying that is is in great condition! 


Relatively new kitchen in very nice condition.

Sorry for the indoor photos...they didn't turn out so great. 


A linen closet at the top of the stairs 


I even fell in love with their attic!! Wouldn't this be an amazing room to create in...*sigh* 


I think these two little angels came with the house. heehee 


The happy, happy, happy family!!  


I had to snap this photo quick!! *smile* 


Another feature of the home that I adore! When you walk in the front door, there is this little entry to hang coats and take off your shoes and then you enter this multiple paned door to the house. LOVE it!  


Another beautiful built in corner cabinet. Yes, there is lots of wallpaper and they want to take it down or paint over it. We will see how that goes.  Tons of lace curtains came with the home. 


Colette is so , so happy and we are very happy for them. 


If you think about it, please say a prayer for our two beautiful granddaughers Annika and Ainsley. Along with moving this weekend, they also had to leave their cats behind and Annika also starts school in a brand new school system on Thursday I believe. They also have had new babysitters for a couple weeks and that is a lot for two little gals to handle all at once. I am sure they will adapt, but if you could just breathe a prayer for them I would appreciate it so much.

A fun, but exhausting weekend and it is just beginning for them. They still have tons of stuff to unpack and put away, but I told them not to rush it. I said, "take your time"...the stuff isn't going anywhere. Of course you do know that you can unpack 20 boxes , but the ones you didn't unpack will be holding the items you need before you dash out the door.

God is so good and we are very thankful and grateful for our family!
Congratulations to Nathan, Colette, Annika and Ainsley!!

We love you more!!!!!!!! 

16 comments:

Connie said...

Their new home is perfect. I can see those little girls growing up there and coming down those stairs in their prom dresses for a photo by the fireplace. It looks like the perfect spot to nest in :)
Congratulations to the young couple.

Have a happy week,
Your bogging Sister, Connie :)

Megan Crawford said...

I love their house!! It reminds me SOOO much of the one we are leaving-from the style to the old charm & character. I hope they get to refinish the floor underneath! Even the linen closet & attic looked so much like the one in our house...I will miss it for sure! Can't wait to see how they fix it up- we had sooo much wallpaper but eventually got it steamed off...haha

Debra@CommonGround said...

such a sweet family and a beautiful home. they'll have such a wonderful time putting it all together!

Createology said...

Such a lovely and charming house that now will become a home for your young family. Your granddaughters are adorable and I do hope they enjoy their new school and surroundings. Blessings...

SarahGeorge said...

Gorgeous, lovely HOME! And you are such a sweet mom! :). Loved your grand daughters. May God's Heavenly blessings be upon them.
Thanks for sharing such sweet pictures.

Betty said...

I agree with you such a pretty home and so much potential. I hope them all the happiest in their new home.

Judi said...

It's not only a beautiful home, but a beautiful family too ~ I love how your DIL is holding your son at the door LOL ~~ The built-ins are fantastic and I would love to have that linen closet ~ Happy for everyone on their new endeavor ~ Judi

Lady Pamela said...

They (and you) are so blessed. I think I was as excited for them as they are. (Well a lot anyway) Beautiful home. Is it far from you? Hope you get to help decorate it. You have a gift that way.
Don't over due with the helping. Moving is hard work and we don't want you having a setback. Definitely praying for the girls and their parents.
*Hugs*

andrea@townandprairie said...

What a beautiful home! I would want to live there myself! It's perfect!

Betsy said...

I love their home, especially that neat linen closet at the top of the stairs. My son and his family moved into their first home in July and I can relate to how you are so excited and happy for them.
God is Good!
Happy week ahead
betsy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Oh how exciting Sandi, congratulations!! The home is beautiful and I love all the little details!
P.S...save me a spot on the swing with you!

Donna said...

What a gorgeous place! Oh, the sweet memories that they will have there! Great looking family. I'll say a prayer that the kid adapt and thrive in no time. Best wishes to them!

Curtains in My Tree said...

What a dream of a house, I didn't know houses that great are still available for sale

I just LOVE the house and the garage and the yard it is all wonderful

Burlap Luxe said...

This home of your son and daughter in law is Christmas card ready. Lové of course pulling up the 1990's emerald green carpets no matter what the shape of the wood floors there in :)
Did you not fall in love with all the built-in's throughout the home, that yummy linen cabinet and drawers and corner units.
Why could I not find a home like this, your loved ones have a home to love.
Sandi, did it make you want to give them your home and go on a creative journey moving into theirs and shabby it up with your kind of rustic?

I will be excited to see someday an update to what it looks like all moved in on.

Beautifully inspiring days ahead for your family.

Blessings to you and yours.

Xx
Doré

Burlap Luxe said...

Ps. Sandi, coule you s'endetter me that table score you fond at the Yard sale?
Thank you i Will wait for is arrival ... Lol!
Its going to look amazing in your home, or m'y home :)

Xx
Doré

Côme over and see m'y side table I created from à saw horse.

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you Sandi for gracing your beauty over at m'y place.
The saw horse was just that, and seeing the buty in its delicate legs I added a thick piece of carpenters scrap wood to it for a shelf and an old planked piece of oak I had laying around waiting for just the right project...I am so glad Imheld back on this piece of wood it was a perfect fit for a top surface.
I have now moved the saw horse side table in a bedroom next to the iron white bed as a side table, I love it stacked with books and a lamp to read by.

I wanted to mention your families attic, it reminds me of one out of the Movie Father of the bride with Steve Martin in it.

This home is going to make there beautiful dreams come true.

Sweet dreams to your family.

Xx
Doré