Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Table SCORE at Worlds longest garage sale!


I wanted to show you my SCORE from the worlds longest garage sale from last weekend. I made it through maybe 20 miles of sales and I was TIRED! I didn't even stop at every sale. In fact, I skipped a lot of them.  I don't see how people do it from Michigan to Alabama. They would have to prop me up and drag me along to most of them if I was to make it. ha! 


Isn't this table a *DREAM*?? I was thrilled to find it. I was looking it over {the seller was using it as her stand for money etc} and I didn't see a price. I was just getting ready to ask her and she said, "That table is for sale also. It wasn't, but we just bought a motor home so now it is". I figured it would be way out of my price range, but asked anyways.  Seriously...$20??? I snatched it right away before someone else came along and scooped it up.


I did a photo shoot with "miss table" yesterday and included my cement candleholders that I adore. 


Just look at this fabulous, chippy patina!!! :) 
{this is for you pookie! lol}



Our 14 year old granddaughter was along with me and you should have seen us trying to get this in my ford Taurus!! It was a hoot, but I was determined! First, we tried to get it in the back seat. Tipped the legs up and it went in just fine until we got to the other set of legs. No matter which way we jostled it about, it would not fit. My granddaughters suggestion? Cut the legs off!!!!!!!! I about had a heart attack! lol 




Next, we tried the trunk...moved it this way and that way and finally flipped it upside down and got the top in with some ALL of the legs sticking out. Next, was to try and figure out how to tie the trunk down. We could only get it down maybe three inches or so, but I had a PLAN!  I asked the lady who I purchased it from if she had anything I could use and she gave me an APRON. I reassured her that I would bring it back and she said I didn't have to...but I did. So, I tied it down and away we went towards home. I took a few side roads, but we made it just fine, unloaded the gal and took off again.

This piece on the front of the table is a drawer!! It was stuffed full of things that the seller had to remove. :)


I do love her so...still trying to figure out exactly where to put her, but I think I have decided. 


Sure wish you all could have come along with me! It was a fun day even though I didn't find much of anything else.
The lady who sold me the table had the best stuff ever!! Chippy doors and mirrors...a set of four chairs to die for...I drooled all the way through her tent. :) Good thing I wasn't driving hubby's truck or I fear the budget would have been blown big time!!

Happy Tuesday everyone! 

16 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

she's a beauty! (cut her legs off--what a hoot:)

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Sandi!! That table is just PERFECT! And you are right...it is a great find for that price too ~ I hope you are doing so good sweet friend!! hugs and love, Dawn

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

This is such a fabulous table, Sandi! Love the chippyness and color combination. You got a great deal.

Debra@CommonGround said...

she's so pretty. little white tables are a weakness of mine. love the paint patina!

Irene said...

That was a steal, I would have gone way out of my budget.

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Jealous!!!

Irene said...

Now that is my idea of a vacation, perhaps I'll plan for next year, now getting things across the border might be a challenge. You did good.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh so fab! Just look at those legs! What a bargain! There is just no replicating that chippy goodness. Happy for you!

PattieJ said...

LOVE your table!!!! It's so perfect!!!It doesn't need a thing done to it either!! What a find!!!

andrea@townandprairie said...

It is BEAUTIFUL, and the LEGS! WOW!

Susie said...

Sandi, You sure have control ...I would have taken the truck:):) My problem is trying not to buy anything that can't be used for something...not hoarded back for a few years to make into something..I just can't do that any more. I really should just go get a few cans of paint and re-do many things I already own. I do love your new table, also those candle holders..I'd love to make some of them. xoxo,Susie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That sale sounds like so much fun--and if I would have been there I might have beat you to that table! :) Enjoy it--it is awesome!

20 North Ora said...

Love that table! So pretty! I would love to do that sale someday!

I am your newest follower

Look forward to your posts.

Judy

Lady Pamela said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Good thing you had a helper along. My sister and I found a wingback chair at curbside last week, we had the giggles trying to fit it into Dad's van. So much fun.
*Smiles*

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

OMG I love that table...you like bum you!!! Just wanted to say thanks for leaving me such a nice note...means a lot! x0

Createology said...

This table is very sweet and to have a drawer is like the icing on the cake! What a fabulous treasure!! Blissful Shopping...