Sunday, April 19, 2009

Love Is In The Air ~

I have been working on decorations this week for a bridal shower at our church next Sunday and that put me in the reminiscing mood. I wanted to share a few pictures of some of the decorating and favors that I have done in the past.
This cake was *NOT* done by me, but I just had to include it because I think it is so gorgeous!! This was the cake for my niece's wedding in 2006~
The next few pictures are of cards that I made for my neice a few weeks after the wedding. I had such fun making these cards and she loved them.
She was a gorgeous bride!
I made 150 favors of simple white boxes filled with white jordan almonds
for her wedding. We schlepped them all the way from our home in Michigan
to the wedding site in Pennsylvania.
Simple, yet elegant favors~
The 150 favors spread all over my table in the midst of tying on
ribbons and roses ~
Bird cage/candleholders that we used for my daughters wedding in 2003
and I have used them several times since for bridal decor.
These particular photos were for my daughter-in-laws bridal shower~
I put a votive candleholder in each one and then smooshed lavender tulle around it.
(I really did have the tulle smooshed down around the candle
very well so it would not catch on fire)
I put the bows on the side at the bottom of the cage instead of on top
since the candles would be lit.
Several cages on my table in the midst of being decorated ~
I enjoy decorating so much and I also love making favors etc.
It's the little *DETAILS* in life that I am drawn to.
I am in the midst of using these same cages for a bridal shower
next Sunday and when I get them all decorated
I will share them with you.
I really like how they are turning out.
The colors this time are light pink and light pistachio green...
*SO PRETTY*

Have a blessed Sunday ~

2 comments:

Lady Pamela said...

Hi Sandi,
I especially love the birdcages. Thanks for sharing the photos. It is wonderful that you can use your talent for decor in the church, too.

June said...

I wanted to come by again to thank you for the sweet comment you left for me about the awards. I enjoy your blog so much. You are such a talented lady and I'm so glad that you are willing to share that talent with all of us. I think blogging is a wonderful way to let our lights shine and use our talents to inspire others.
Hugs from Idaho, June