Monday, August 16, 2010

Sprucing Up

I just spent four hours outside this morning
weeding and and I decided it was time for a break.
I probably won't be able to wiggle tomorrow
when I wake up, but that is another story! :)

These impatiens on my front porch look better now than
they have all summer long. It has just been too hot
for flowers to look really nice...until now. At least
that is the excuse at my place. lol

They were all looking so pathetic a few weeks ago so
I broke off the stems partway and gave them a
few shots of fertilizer and wa la...they decided
to repay me with a beautiful show.

Been doing some work outside on and off this weekend. Got some mowing in and hubby will finish that up tonight.
Hubby also hooked a chain on his truck and yanked out
a large boxwood bush and we replanted it. Now to see if it actually lives. I hope so. We had success doing this
with a forsythia bush several years ago. Time will tell.

Need to replant three new bushes where we took
three out. {yanked two last fall and the last one this
past weekend} So I have that area to get prepared yet.

We also took the original windows from the house
out in the shop, removed the old caulking {what was
left of it} and replace it with new caulking. We really
need to get replacement windows eventually, but that
is for another year.

I really feel like we have gotten something accomplished
this past weekend and today. Yay!

Hope you are having a wonderful day and that
you have cooler weather like us in Michigan today.
I am loving it...thank you God!!
Blessings~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh... So pretty!
My Dad used to plant Impatients every year around his property. They were so big & beautiful, real Show-Stoppers!!
Have a Great Week!
Love,
Marilyn

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My uncle in Ohio had huge impatiens just like these hanging from his front porch. They were gorgeous even in July but he gives them Miracle Gro often.

How lovely to spend time outdoors. Where was the cooler weather when I was in Michigan? Of course, our temps are close to 120 during the day and 90's at nite, so anything is cooler to this. :)

Have a great week. Tammy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Sandi your flowers look so pretty!

Ellen said...

Your plants are stunning. I didn't have time to plant so much this year, ok, nothing this year. So thanks for sharing your impatients, I love them!

xoxox,
Ellen

Carolyn said...

Beautiful photos! Sprucing up is fun isn't it?

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Lovely plants.But my impatiens arent doing well this year.Its be so hot and humid.We are getting a break in the humidity tommorrow a bit.I can feel the change now its not as hot as it was this morning.

Happy new week!

aimee said...

so pretty. i just dont have what it takes to grow them. wish i did.
blessings,
aimee

Val said...

I just popped over here via Vintage Linen Treasures and was so excited to see that you're from Michigan, and that you're familiar with Marshall. I live in Lansing, and am a complete old house nut. It's been a couple of years since I've been to Marshall, but I do love it's great Gothic Revivals, not to mention the octagon there. It's such a great collection of architecture of the quality that one doesn't see that often in Michigan.

Lovely blog as well, I must say. I do love looking at pictures of gardens and flowers....just wish I had the patience to grow them myself. Maybe some day...

Debra@CommonGround said...

I think the heat may be the problem here too, at least that's my story and I'm sticking with it! ha ha!
I love impatiens and yours are just gorgeous!
xo,
Debra

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... your Impatiens are looking just beautiful! Thank you so much for all of your comments, emails and well wishes for me... Jack mailed out your little magazine for me today, hope you enjoy it... love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Julie~ My Bella Home said...

So gorgeous! I wish it wasn't so hot here and I could plant those. I will daydream of yours! :)

Irene said...

I'll be feeling your pain tonight as well, it's good to be outside doing but then the next day... Love your impatients.