Tuesday, August 10, 2010

White Wednesday #60

Time for White Wednesday again?? Oh my, I am having trouble keeping up these days,
but I did find a few white things to add this week.

Now you just have to pretend that this is NOT
the dog days of summer and that the roses
in the picture are full and lush and abundant.

I got an idea one White Wednesday from another blog
I have had two of these iron chairs without seats just
sitting around for years...just sittin' and doing nothing!

Hubby and I picked them up at a garage sale and they were a brownish gray iron. I got out my spray paint and went to town. Spraying until my poor little finger hurt. lol. Then I plopped them over my two fairy rose bushes and love the look.

Now I do realize they will look better next year, but I just had to try it anyways. Loving how they turned out!

I purchased this cast iron roses sign online last year...it is definitely a favorite!

The next few items are goodies that I purchased while up in Marshall, Michigan last weekend. I did not spend a lot of money at all, but sure had a fun time.

This tin has a metal easel on the back of the lid so you can just stand the lid up if you want to. It was going to go in my booth today, but I forgot it!

I walked past this piece three or four times throughout the day
and kept picking it up trying to decide what I would do with it.
I finally purchased it for $5 and love it. The lady who sold it
said it was a placemat (it has cork on the back), but said
women have been picking them up to use as a mouse pad.
Neat idea, but I think it is rather large for that.

This was the first thing I purchased in Marshall. It was on the sidewalk sale and it was only $5.00 too.
{notice a $5 theme running here??} I was flabbergasted at the price. I know the price of
wood because hubby does a lot of woodworking and
he could not make it for that price.

I asked if it was really $5 because I thought surely it was
more. Nope $5.00! yay! {I thought it had probably been
filled with goodies that were $5 each...lol}
It is now in my booth filled with goodies.

I thought about leaving it home and putting this in it...

or this...

kinda cutsie too...

...but my booth won out and it is there for now anyways.

While I was in paying for it my hubby talked to the
gentleman outside that owned the store and he told
hubby that they purchase different items for display
every year and then sell them at the sidewalk sale.
Yay for me...in the right place at the right time!

I did get another neat display item for $5.00 too
that I was just as shocked about, but will share that
after a coat of white paint.
It has four wheels...and is so darn cute!

Happy White Wednesday! Please visit Kathleen over at
Faded Charm again today for more beautiful posts.
Blessings~

24 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Sandi, I love the white chair with the florals peeping thru, but I really REALLY love that wonderful white display shelf!!!

Happy WW!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Beautiful treasures! Five dollars can get a lady some very neat stuff! Lovely pieces!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Sounds like $5.00 is your lucky price! I love your goodies, Sandi. I love the display piece oh and that chair with the roses sign is fabulous! Love the way they go together so well. Happy WW. That would be one big mouse pad but it's darling, you'll find a great use for it. If nothing else, photo ops for your Etsy store!
xo~Tracie

Angela said...

I love the chair and all your white treasures!!

Victoria said...

The white chair looks amazing over the flowers! What a fantastic idea that is!!! You have a lot of willpower putting the little display shelf in your booth, I don't think I could've parted with it!

Happy WW:)

Donna said...

Hi Sandi,
I really love your wooden display organizer! Unbelievable at just $5! I would have to hang on to that one for sure! And I also love the French patisserie picture. And your chair and roses are such a neat idea! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Sandi I adore your white chair trellis! I had to save it in my inspiration file for future reference- it is absolutely charming!!

bee blessed
mary

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What darling views of that chair! So full of charm--Jacqueline

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I thought you said you were having trouble finding whites! LOVE them all!!

Irene said...

Lovely white Wednesday. Great buys, and I love your chairs over your roses.

Rebecca said...

Love the chair with the roses coming up thru it. I have an antique green iron bench that does the same thing! Happy WW

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Love the Chair within the Roses.... So Pretty~ I have really EnJoyed all of your Photos & info from Marshall, I found out I am Only an Hour & 1/2 from Marshall, so I Must Visit Sometime ~ It looks like a Magical Place.... Thanks for Sharing
Cheryl

Vintage Market Place said...

oh what great finds, I love the little cubby, I would fill it with vintage papers and letters. I love shelves that look like a mail or hotel key holder.
Can't wait to see what else you picked up.
AMy

raggygirlvintage said...

Wow that shelf is amazing, wouldn't it be great in a studio too, for all those supplies!
Tracey

Lynette Killam said...

Great finds, Sandi! I particularly like that shelf..seems perfect for displaying flower frogs and cast iron birds. And the chairs with the flowers peeking through...just delightful!

xoxo,
Lynette
Imagination Lane

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What great treasures, love your roses too. Happy WW!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

The chair in the roses is gorgeous. Reminds me of a fairy garden. ~~Sherry~~

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... such pretty whites... I especially love the little white chairs over your fairy roses... hey, you won one of the gifts in my little Barn Chicks giveaway! Will you email me your mailing address please? Thanks! xoxo Julie Marie

Marie said...

Hi Sandi - I love that chair you found and the rose sign next to it! Very romantic, lovely, adorable. I'm new to White Wed and happy to find your blog. I'm your newest follower.
-marie

Ann said...

Hi Sandi~ Looks like your certainly were in the right place at the right time! All of your purchases are wonderful. Wonder if you couldn't frame the placemat with a black frame?? I think that would be cool looking.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Anonymous said...

Love all your white treasures! That shelf is awesome... would love to have it! LOL Can't believe you got it for $5... way to go!
Happy WW!
~ Jo

Anonymous said...

P.S. It's nice to find another blogger who loves white and shabby, too. Love your blog... I'm a new follower. :)

aimee said...

the white chair in the garden is adorable. i do agree there is no way your husband could have made that for less than five. what a great deal, and oh so cute.
blessings,
aimee

Alison Gibbs said...

Love your white roses sign and that sweet little bird
Alison