Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bedspring Bird Nest

I was roaming though my past photos and I found this picture
of a bird nest bedspring thingy that I made several months ago.
At the time I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but I put it in my
booth anyways and it didn't take long to sell so someone must
have liked it. lol.

To me it just looked like a mess. ha!
I used purchased nests with eggs , greenery and all
and then added paper shred underneath them and
fastened them to an old bedspring that I wrapped
tea dyed muslin around.
I think I was feeling a little crazy the day I made it!! :)

I did fasten the nest tag to it with ribbon at the bottom,
but forgot to take a finished photo. What do you think? I am trying to decide whether to make more or just leave
well enough alone. :) I am also thinking there should
probably be a bird somewhere...oh well.

Blessings~

9 comments:

Irene said...

well if you have bedsprings... I'd make a few more.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love how you are so creative! This is soooo sweet!!

Angela said...

I LOVE it!! I have a bedspring with a vintage birdie sitting on it...I'm fixing to go dress it up a bit!

Julie Marie said...

Sandi, that is absolutely adorable! I would have bought it for sure! You are so creative... xoxo Julie Marie

Ellen said...

I love it! I am amazed at your boundless creativity! I don't doubt that your other one sold. If you like it, many others do too. Definitely!
Thanks for stopping in to see me and getting the "guy" thing, yes I am LOL!! Come see me again as I will be anxiously awaiting your next posting - no pressure;)
xoxox,
Ellen

June said...

Sandi this is too cute. I would have never thought to wrap the coil itself! What a genius you are!!! No wonder it sold fast...it is so unique.
hugs

Donna said...

This is so cute Sandi! What a creative idea! We had some old bedsprings left behind by the previous owner of our home. We tossed them out, wish I had kept them! The addition of a little birdie would be the icing on the cake! Have you thought of spray painting the springs rather than wrapping them in the fabric? It might be less work. Just a thought :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I think it is just precious. And it sounds like you have ideas for improvement so I say go for it! Love to see your crafty creations. Have a fabulous Friday! :) Tammy

Unknown said...

very sweet. i love it!