Monday, August 2, 2010

Time for tea...wear your hat!

These are pictures of my oldest granddaughter
Allysha Lynn
when she went to a tea earlier this summer.
{11 years old}

Isn't she just adorable in her vintage hat? If memory serves me correctly, she found
it at a resale shop and loved it.

I think I may have a teesny chance with
this granddaughter loving vintage items like me.
I hope so...keeping my fingers crossed...
oh okay, I am really, really
wishing on a star! *smile*

I thought I would share a favorite tea time
sandwich that I have used a lot over the
years and it gets rave reviews.

Cream Cheese, Celery and Walnut Sandwiches

1/4 lb cream cheese, room temperature 1/4 celery heart, very finely chopped
1/4 cup diced walnuts
White or whole wheat bread
Parsley sprigs {for garnish}

In a small bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth.
Mix in celery and walnuts. Make sandwiches with
cheese mixture. Trim off crusts of bread and
cut sandwiches into rectangles or triangles.
Garnish plate with sprigs of parsley.
{I also make these open faced on small bread squares
like the *party rye*, but I use sourdough I think }

It is rather warm here again today and supposed to be
warmer tomorrow. I did get to town and purchased
some paint so hopefully I can start painting my
pantry area soon. Have wanted to do that for quite
some time now. What are you doing this week?

***********************************************

We have a wedding anniversary this week...our 33rd.
I can't believe it. Where have the years gone?
We have most certainly have had
our ups and downs and spats just like anyone else,
but God is good and He has been so good to us.
Wouldn't trade my man for the moon! :)

My oldest son also has a 7th wedding anniversary
today. He posted this on facebook...I thought
it was cute:

*‎7 years ago today, I married the woman of dreams...
woke up this morning and, to my delight, she was still there!*

He makes me laugh, makes me proud and is a delightful son.
I wish them many more wonderful years together!!

Blessings~

8 comments:

aimee said...

she is adorable! i love the hat and it looks perfect on her. your son is soooo sweet. ill be married 11 years on the 10th. popular month! i love to have teas with my friends and i will try that sandwich spread recipe :)happy 33rd my friend :)
blessings,
aimee

Anonymous said...

Adorable Model you have there!!
Happy Anniversary & may you have many more in Happiness & Good Health!!
Have a Great Day!
Love,
Marilyn

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... Happy anniversary to you this week, and also to your son! Your granddaughter is adorable! I am betting she loves vintage treasures already... love her cute hat! I saw your name on the Barn Chicks party list, yippee! xoxo Julie Marie

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Sandi... Wonderful wishes for many more years of happiness and blessings.... and lovely days with your grandchildren...

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Goodness ~ two anniversaries this week?! Time to dress up for another tea! Your grand daughter looks so sweet! Happy 33rd dear friend and your son is quite the romantic at heart! His wife is a lucky girl!

Irene said...

Happy Anniversary too all. Time does fly.

Unknown said...

I WANT THAT HAT!! This is TOO fabulous, Sandi! Oh, what a beauty she is, so chic & elegant.

May you both be blessed with a beautiful anniversary, may you have a romantic & joyous celebration.

Love ya! , sweet friend.
Hugs of love, marydon

Vicki Boster said...

Sandi - Your grand daughter is adorable - she looks like a "fashionable" young lady in these photos! LOVE these!

Thanks for the recipe - it looks delightful!

Congrats on your Anniversary - you are blessed!

Vicki