Friday, August 13, 2010

Family dinner

Some of the most important conversations I've ever
had occurred at my family's dinner table.
-Bob Ehrlich

Someone was coming for dinner...
and the *pretty decor* bug got the best of me.

Rarely do I take the time to set a nice table...
not because I don't want to, but it seems that
hubby and I are always in front of the tv watching
the evening news more often than not.

Last night was my chance.
Son, daughter-in-law and
sweet gd Annika
came for dinner.

Remember those yards and yards of fabric swags
mentioned in my last post? I made use of part of
another panel . Threw it on my table and ripped
it to size. {twice since it is a round table and
the fabric was not wide enough}

Then I ripped some napkins to size as well.

I used these glasses that I love. I found them at a garage sale a few years ago. {This photo was taken when I had a different flower in the middle of the table and later I opted for the pitcher instead. I wanted real flowers , but none appeared at my door! lol.}

Not having a lot of time and wanting something very simple I printed out everyone's names on paper and taped them around the napkins. I also inserted a sprig of rosemary.

At one point gd Annika wanted her name taped around her wrist so I obliged her...of course!

We had a wonderful time and I have decided that I need to do this more often. Life is just too short not to.

P.S. on another note...are any of you having trouble with
blogger? I constantly have to sign in for every click
I make- over and over and over...wondering what is up
with that. Never had this problem before. Happy weekend! Blessings~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty summery tablescape! I always went over board with the antique & vintage at Thankgiving & Christmas. My Uncle Le would sit there & say ... Hey, that was my Mom's (my Grandmother)or Aunt Rose's !
Now he is gone & I really don't know if I will do the big Holiday Thing.... I can't imagine it without him.
Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Marilyn

Candylei said...

I love how you ripped the fabric...spontaneus decorating is the best sometimes. The rose plates are beautiful!

Donna Reyne' said...

You set a goregeous table! And I am a tad bit jealous of your drinking glasses!LOL
They are lovely!
Anything that is or resembles white lace...I am there!
Have a wonderful evening!
Hugs,
Donna

Irene said...

I love a pretty table. And we should do this more often, even a simple meal tastes wonderful.

Vicki Boster said...

Sandi-
You prepared a lovely,lovely table and I am sure that it was much appreciated. Some of my fondest memories of my parents are of sitting around the dining room table in their home. What I would not give to be able to do that one more time~~~

Keep making memories!

Vicki

the old white house said...

How sweet are those napkin rings? That table certainly look thrown together with a torn piece of material.. I'm sure your family felt very special indeed! Love the shutter above the window too! Theresa

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh Sandi, how lucky to be a family member and sit at that awesome table!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Donna said...

What a pretty table you have set! I love the sprigs of rosemary in the napkins, and your china and glasses are wonderful!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I see you set a pretty place for me!! Thanks...he he!

Sandi

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful table setting! All the little details make all the difference!
Have a wonderful day,
~Jo :)

Val said...

I do love those glasses...would you be willing to share the brand name? A set of those would look wonderful with my silver dishes...