Tuesday, March 10, 2009

50 Years Ago Today....

...I was born. I can't believe I said that outloud! 50 YEARS...oh my goodness it just doesn't seem possible! Yep, I came kicking and squalling into this world on March 10, 1959 and haven't stopped! LOL This is one of the adorable bonnets that I wore as a baby and my 1st granddaughter also wore it on her dedication ~ My sweet little hospital bracelet...don't you wish they still made them like this? My maiden name was GOOD ...
My baby announcement , hospital card and my baby dedication papers ~
I even have the part of the newspaper that proclaimed my arrival!!
A few of the adorable baby cards that were sent to my parents ~
Love the verse on this one: Congratulations on the NEW BABY Said one stork to the other, "I did it and I'm glad! " and on the inside ...Just took a first-class baby to a first-class mom and dad!"
Have a wonderful day ...Blessings ~

13 comments:

bee'nme said...

Happy Birthday Sandi!

We haven't met yet that I recall, but I saw Rene's birthday wish for you on her blog and I thought I would stop by and pass on my well wishes! I LOVE the wonderful baby memorabilia...how cute are those cards! I loved reading through your last few articles...I've bookmarked your site and look forward to coming back!!
Have a glorious day in the Lord!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Becky S.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Happy Birthday Sandi !
I love your birthday post ~ what a blessing to have your baby treasures ~
Have a wonderful day !
xoxo
Lori

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sandi!!!!

I love that you have all of your baby stuff!!! That stork card is too cute!

sherry said...

tip-toe'ing over from Miss Gracie's blog I find a delightful little corner of the blogosphere called Wayside Treasures. Beautiful!

Happy Birthday, Sandi. 50 is a wonderful age. Next month I celebrate my 17th anniversary of my 34th year. ;o)

Bless you,
jAne

http://tickleberryfarm.blgospot.com

redesigned said...

Have a Very Happy Birthday Sandi!

Hugs & Smiles, Christine

Paula said...

Dear Sandi,

Happy, happy Birthday to you!!!! What wonderful and sweet keepsakes you have to celebrate your birth! May the Lord richly bless you today and always!
Love, Paula

Betty said...

See...turning 50 wasn't so bad. Happy Birthday! You're so lucky to have all those neat momentos.

Anonymous said...

It's so great you still have all that stuff. Have a Happy, happy birthday. You deserve it!

Miss Gracie's House said...

You are soo welcome-I hope you had a great day and birthday dinner with your family. You all are still in my prayers. That vintage baby stuff looks so familiar:)
Blessings to you,
Rene'

Lady Pamela said...

What a wonderful post. Happy Birthday Week!

Amanda Kaake said...

I'm just oogling over that bonnet. If I have another girl you know who's going to have to come up this way with a dedication dress and bonnet;) Do you still have Lyshie's Dedication dress?

The Rustic Victorian said...

Happy Birthday Sandi !
I have just discovered your delightful blog from Alice W. and I am really enjoying myself here. I am glad my Mother saved my baby things. They are about 8 years older than yours, and look alot like them. Maby it is time to get them out of the keepsake box again. I think the 5's are good, I wish all good things to come your way x5.
Blessings in your day!
Marcie

Lori said...

I love your posting of your vintage baby memorabilia. I, too, have some of my baby items from 52 years ago! My items are nearly identical to yours. I am so glad my mother saved them!